cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

It is not too late to change back. I did it years ago and just did it today. 

 

See here. BUT make sure you have an older back up of your phone!!!

Click Here

 

 

 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

I might be wrong but that’s what happened with me,
My voicemail notifications stopped working
no more after updating my iPhone XR to iOS 13.1.2
After resetting my settings trying troubleshooting the issue and surfing the internet looking for a solution, it turns out that if the carries servers isn't fully integrated from their end with the newest iOS apple releases then customers might begin having issues with notifications and iMessage.
So reversing back my iPhone to iOS 12 is what i did and VM notifications start working again with no issues.

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

I had issues on my iPadAir 3, when I updated the new iPadOS.  Silly issues in Safari that made my forum browsing here difficult.  It's since been fixed via another OS update.

 

previously, I've had serious issues with accessible settings screwing up in multiple every other iOS update or patch in a short period of time.  Apple and other companies do have regular mesups, but you'd think they could get things right more often than not.

 

As for buying over price market leading phones via carriers, I resolved this for myself 3 years ago.  The money I save at Public Mobile is put aside in a specific savings account so when it's time for a new device, I can get the device I want, that suits my needs at that time.

 

Dont let carriers lock you in..  it's by far more expensive over time.

 

 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

I am on iOS 13.1.2 on an iPhone SE and although iOS 13 is certainly buggy I have had no issues with Public Mobile working on my phone.

 

I have however had quite a few spam/questionable calls lately... That would have more to do with Public Mobile than the phone itself though.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13


@Berry23 wrote:

I am on iOS 13.1.2 on an iPhone SE and although iOS 13 is certainly buggy I have had no issues with Public Mobile working on my phone.

 

I have however had quite a few spam/questionable calls lately... That would have more to do with Public Mobile than the phone itself though.


Interesting. On my SE and my wifes SE it was very hard to tap to initiate a Text. Had to press/tap hard numerous times and ditto to cancel the text. And do you have any problems with that??

 

Thanks. 

Mayor / Maire

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

I have an iPhone SE, and upgraded to iOS 13. The only thing I notice is my battery has about 1/2 the stamina that it had pre-update. Coincidence ...I think not.  Robot Frustrated

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

Yes mine went down too by about 5%. I changed back to ios 12. I just could not keep 13 because I could not press for texting. Had to press numberous, too many, times. 

Mayor / Maire

Re: WARNING! iOS 13


@88cranston wrote:

Yes mine went down too by about 5%. I changed back to ios 12. I just could not keep 13 because I could not press for texting. Had to press numberous, too many, times. 


No difference in text functionality here, post update.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13


@88cranston wrote:

@Berry23 wrote:

I am on iOS 13.1.2 on an iPhone SE and although iOS 13 is certainly buggy I have had no issues with Public Mobile working on my phone.

 

I have however had quite a few spam/questionable calls lately... That would have more to do with Public Mobile than the phone itself though.


Interesting. On my SE and my wifes SE it was very hard to tap to initiate a Text. Had to press/tap hard numerous times and ditto to cancel the text. And do you have any problems with that??

 

Thanks. 


Nope, not at all.

 

Here are the bugs I've noticed...

  • When playing games the screen becomes unresponsive/does its own thing; I play a monster truck style game (Offroad Legends) and with iOS 12 the game worked fine with iOS 13 I find that tilting the trucks either backwards or forwards will make the truck go too far one way even if I try going the opposite way. I find the only way to remedy this is to make subtle movements and tap the controls rather than hold them down.
  • I have found that when opening certain apps that the upper status bar disappears (where the signal strength/carrier label is, time and battery are). Those apps that I went to were iMessage and Opera Touch. Also note and this might be important; this occured while Dark Mode was on which I have to come up automatically. Also also, I restarted the phone to fix this.
  • I also find that overall animations in the system are slow. When unlocking my phone, i.e. with my fingerprint, the phone unlocks and you can still see that the "lock" icon is still up at the top of the screen. I unlock the phone and then there is about a second delay before it gives me the unlocking animation or/and just disappears.
  • I found that when in some Apple-specific apps such as FaceTime and iMessage that when I go "back" to the previous page, the app will disappear and I will either land on the homescreen or the app under it in the background -- the app did not crash as I can go into the recents and get back into it and it doesn't restart.

 

As you can tell, none of this is carrier/network related... Just Apple being lazy and not releasing solid structured software (I would bash any company for doing the same, FYI).

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

Downloaded 13.1.2 and within an hour my phone stopped working..."No Service". Any suggestions to get back up and running? Thanks.  sd