cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

WARNING! iOS 13

iMessage and texting does not work right. Nor can you tap, easily, the button to start a iMessage. I would wait. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

13.1.1 or 13.1.2?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

13.1.2.  Did not get a message for 13.1.1. And just tripped on 13.1.2. I plan to go back to 12 if possible.  13 is bad. 

Interesting. Any other compatibililty issues with 13 and anything else you've come across? Not yet with PM and so far 13 seems stable on iPhone 6. I may need to rethink until 13 is stable with PM.

Mayor / Maire

Apple has a history of "breaking" older iPhones with newer iOS versions.

Updates on newest iPhones tend to be awesome or harmless, updates on middle-aged iPhones tend to break little things which worked perfectly fine before, updates on elderly iPhones tend to be crippling. iDon't iPhone but iKnow some people who do (and some people who don't anymore, precisely because forced iOS updates kept breaking their stuff). Seems that Apple wants you to buy a new phone every couple years, for some people it's heavyhanded enough that eventually those new phones are anything not made by Apple. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ajkmIt works fine for me without any modification on an iPhone XS.

Yep, you're right. Updating from iPhone 6 isn't really an option if I'm coming over to PM as it would lock me into the hideous Rogers for another 2 years and I'm not ponying up $1000 for the phone!

Hoping that iOS 12 on iPhone 6 will be fine...

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ajkmAs long as you are happy with the camera.. then iPhone 6 with iOS 12 will be fine.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are these issues with iOS bugs, or issues that are causing the update to not mesh with Public Mobile?