cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! iOS 13

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

iMessage and texting does not work right. Nor can you tap, easily, the button to start a iMessage. I would wait. 

62 REPLIES 62

Obice

@88cranston wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

@Obice wrote:

As you can tell, none of this is carrier/network related... Just Apple being lazy and not releasing solid structured software (I would bash any company for doing the same, FYI).

No kidding they bit too much off and screwed up royally. 

I wonder if my touch issue is due to having a tempered glass screen protector. But my touch problem was with texting only and all else was good. 

Give it time, I guess. It'll be fixed or should be.

What I find odd is that since iPhone models are so generic in the sense that they are the "6" series, "7" series, so on, how does a software update affect each phone differently if the hardware is all the same? I would think it is all unified.

I have an otterbox that I use on and off, it used to be difficult to use touch ID with it on till I realized that the home button had some sort of rubbery material on it to help protect the phone's button. I took that off and the home button works most of the time now.

I can say for sure that I wish I stuck to iOS 12.4 since my phone ran just fine and iOS 13 does not add nearly enough to be worth calling an "upgrade". I suppose I could try reverting back but it's just too much of a headache. I wanna get myself an android, I miss those days.

You CAN change back to 12.  If you want to.....I would do it quickly before the option is no longer available  to do. 

I had replied to this on the same day and that very same day my reply must've been deleted by staff as it's not in here that I can see. I guess a rant or some truth isn't accepted on forums, any way. Long story short: I could downgrade but it isn't worth it because I'd be running out of date software and by the time 13 is "good/stable", 14 will be right around the corner.

ajkm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yep, thanks. Don't think I was thinking clearly in my OP!

ajkm

Happy with the 6 for now I think, though a larger screen would be nice! Can't really move across to Google or Android as that would add quite an expense in replacing all the essential apps I have on my iPhone.

Just activated and it processed faster than I could swap the SIM cards!

DanielleMarie

@hangingkayaker  Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the SIM card just in case it's dirty? I'm not sure it would cause complete lack of service like that but it's something quick and easy to try. Otherwise do as GinYVR says and contact the mods if you haven't already! You can submit a ticket via the bot here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

@hangingkayakerUpdating an OS doesn't do anything to the card physically. I suspect it is an account problem on the Public Mobile side and you probably should contact the Moderators. You can try to purchase another SIM card and change the SIM card via online service, if you wish. However you will be out of $10 regardless whether the solution would work or not.

hangingkayaker

The Apple Store tried the SIM card in 2 other phones and both said No Service. I tried it in my work iPhone (iOS 12.4) and received the same No Service message. Have also tried the lost/stolen trick and nothing. Could the 13.1.2 update have fried the SIM card? Should I buy a new SIM card?

@hangingkayakerUsually if you swap the SIM card into another phone and that doesn't work it would indicate a problem with the account. I would suggest plug your SIM card into another phone that is not iOS 13 perhaps an Android or a flip phone.

If those doesn't work with the SIM, at the last resort try the Lost / Stolen trick or add $1 to your account. (reference link here). If even those don't work and you have power cycled the phone.. then contacting the Moderators by clicking on the ? in the lower right hand corner is the only option.

hangingkayaker

No, not a new account and the account is in good standing

@hangingkayakerIt sounds like problem with your account than the phone. What does it show when you log into your selfserve account?

Is it a new account?

hangingkayaker

Any mods have suggestions for getting thru this iOS 13.1.2 update that has rendered my phone useless.

hangingkayaker

So none of the suggestions has worked for me.  Still getting the “No Service” icon. Went to the Apple Store, they did some tests and my PM SIM card didn’t work in 2 of their test phones. They’re positive it’s not the phone but an issue with iOS 13.1.2 and PM. So, what to do now?  I may just ditch the iPhone and go get a cheap flip phone to get away from all this tech **bleep**. 

88cranston

@Obice wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

@Obice wrote:

As you can tell, none of this is carrier/network related... Just Apple being lazy and not releasing solid structured software (I would bash any company for doing the same, FYI).

I wonder if my touch issue is due to having a tempered glass screen protector. But my touch problem was with texting only and all else was good. 

What I find odd is that since iPhone models are so generic in the sense that they are the "6" series, "7" series, so on, how does a software update affect each phone differently if the hardware is all the same? I would think it is all unified.

I have an otterbox that I use on and off, it used to be difficult to use touch ID with it on till I realized that the home button had some sort of rubbery material on it to help protect the phone's button. I took that off and the home button works most of the time now.

I can say for sure that I wish I stuck to iOS 12.4 since my phone ran just fine and iOS 13 does not add nearly enough to be worth calling an "upgrade". I suppose I could try reverting back but it's just too much of a headache. I wanna get myself an android, I miss those days.

You CAN change back to 12.  If you want to.....I would do it quickly before the option is no longer available  to do. 

88cranston

@Obice wrote:

@LeSong wrote:
Bottom line is,
It isn’t the right time yet to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 13 until Apple truly work on fixing all of these issues.

I had skipped iOS 13 and waited to the next release thinking they would have most of the bugs out... Boy was I wrong. If the iPhone SE does get iOS 14 I will be waiting awhile before I update (assuming I even keep the thing).

13 is it for SE as far as I can see it won’t see 14. Unless Apple has a surprise for us. 

Obice

@LeSong wrote:
Bottom line is,
It isn’t the right time yet to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 13 until Apple truly work on fixing all of these issues.

I had skipped iOS 13 and waited to the next release thinking they would have most of the bugs out... Boy was I wrong. If the iPhone SE does get iOS 14 I will be waiting awhile before I update (assuming I even keep the thing).

@GinYVR  most people do have backups as by default everything is uploaded to iCloud

Only way they would never have a backup is if they never used a WiFi connection or charged their device ( Cat LOL )

@GinYVR wrote:

@88cranstonYour iTunes restore method is the normal restore method which assumes the user had backed up their iPhone regularly, the reality is not that many people do that.

I keep hearing multiple theories about this but I think the actual solution is the simplest

The people had defective hardware (whether manufacturing or maybe a drop) and when they try to upgrade the blank hits the fan

Its a super common occurance in the PC / GPS world where a device that seemingly works perfectly suddenly gives some weird random error when upgrading the OS

I have a VERY old (ancient) iPhone and an iPhone 8 and none of the issues that people on web keep reporting

@DL888 wrote:

Weird...I have IOS 13 on mine, wifey, and daughters iphones and no issues at all.

LeSong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Bottom line is,

Obice

This morning when deleting mail in the Apple mail app. Deleting it worked but yet the title remains with a blank screen. This is a bug I forgot about since I don't use the mail app much.

IMG_0232.PNG

Jbob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no problems with iOS13 on my iPhone X, iPhone 7 or iPhone 6s.

Obice

@88cranston wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Obice

@88cranston wrote:

Pull sim, reset carrier settings, put sim back in, reboot. 

In the past I have had an iPhone 5s and now SE, with the 5s I noticed that the cellular connection wasn't stable. The way I fixed it was to manually choose my carrier, that fixed it for me. I haven't had any problems with the SE so far.

88cranston

@GinYVR wrote:

@88cranstonYour iTunes restore method is the normal restore method which assumes the user had backed up their iPhone regularly, the reality is not that many people do that.

Yes no doubt. But I do every now and then. 😀😀😀 And no doubt some folks don’t know what iTunes is on a computer either. 😒😒

If some one dislikes 13 and this option works, then do it and rebuild phone from scratch or iCloud backup. 

88cranston

88cranston

@GinYVR wrote:

@hangingkayakerFirst swap the SIM to make sure it is a problem with the phone or your Public Mobile account.

If it is really a problem with the phone. Turn on your phone's DFU mode and you can restore a backup of your iOS.. (of course you have to had made backups in the first place).

This  is what I did. 

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/downgrade-ios-13-back-ios-12-4-1-your-iphone-using-itunes-finder-...

@hangingkayakerHow to access it varies with models so you should google your specific model on how to do it. However do make sure you have a desktop machine with iTunes installed in order to be able to use it effectively.

88cranston

@GinYVR wrote:

@hangingkayakerFirst swap the SIM to make sure it is a problem with the phone or your Public Mobile account.

If it is really a problem with the phone. Turn on your phone's DFU mode and you can restore a backup of your iOS.. (of course you have to had made backups in the first place).

Really. DFU allows you to get the old iOS back??. I had to download the IPSW file and do the iTunes process. Then restore the phone from an older backup. 

hangingkayaker

DFU?

88cranston

Can you not sign it onto wifi?

hangingkayaker

pulled sim but now can't access Phone or Cellular settings (NO sim)

Need Help? Let's chat.