cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! iOS 13

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

iMessage and texting does not work right. Nor can you tap, easily, the button to start a iMessage. I would wait. 

62 REPLIES 62

88cranston

@Obice wrote:

As you can tell, none of this is carrier/network related... Just Apple being lazy and not releasing solid structured software (I would bash any company for doing the same, FYI).

No kidding they bit too much off and screwed up royally. 

I wonder if my touch issue is due to having a tempered glass screen protector. But my touch problem was with texting only and all else was good. 

@hangingkayakerFirst swap the SIM to make sure it is a problem with the phone or your Public Mobile account.

If it is really a problem with the phone. Turn on your phone's DFU mode and you can restore a backup of your iOS.. (of course you have to had made backups in the first place).

88cranston

Pull sim, reset carrier settings, put sim back in, reboot. 

hangingkayaker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Downloaded 13.1.2 and within an hour my phone stopped working..."No Service". Any suggestions to get back up and running? Thanks.  sd

Obice

@88cranston wrote:

@Obice wrote:

I am on iOS 13.1.2 on an iPhone SE and although iOS 13 is certainly buggy I have had no issues with Public Mobile working on my phone.

I have however had quite a few spam/questionable calls lately... That would have more to do with Public Mobile than the phone itself though.

Interesting. On my SE and my wifes SE it was very hard to tap to initiate a Text. Had to press/tap hard numerous times and ditto to cancel the text. And do you have any problems with that??

Thanks. 

Nope, not at all.

Here are the bugs I've noticed...

• When playing games the screen becomes unresponsive/does its own thing; I play a monster truck style game (Offroad Legends) and with iOS 12 the game worked fine with iOS 13 I find that tilting the trucks either backwards or forwards will make the truck go too far one way even if I try going the opposite way. I find the only way to remedy this is to make subtle movements and tap the controls rather than hold them down.
  • I have found that when opening certain apps that the upper status bar disappears (where the signal strength/carrier label is, time and battery are). Those apps that I went to were iMessage and Opera Touch. Also note and this might be important; this occured while Dark Mode was on which I have to come up automatically. Also also, I restarted the phone to fix this.
  • I also find that overall animations in the system are slow. When unlocking my phone, i.e. with my fingerprint, the phone unlocks and you can still see that the "lock" icon is still up at the top of the screen. I unlock the phone and then there is about a second delay before it gives me the unlocking animation or/and just disappears.
  • I found that when in some Apple-specific apps such as FaceTime and iMessage that when I go "back" to the previous page, the app will disappear and I will either land on the homescreen or the app under it in the background -- the app did not crash as I can go into the recents and get back into it and it doesn't restart.

As you can tell, none of this is carrier/network related... Just Apple being lazy and not releasing solid structured software (I would bash any company for doing the same, FYI).

@88cranston wrote:

Yes mine went down too by about 5%. I changed back to ios 12. I just could not keep 13 because I could not press for texting. Had to press numberous, too many, times. 

No difference in text functionality here, post update.

88cranston

Yes mine went down too by about 5%. I changed back to ios 12. I just could not keep 13 because I could not press for texting. Had to press numberous, too many, times. 

I have an iPhone SE, and upgraded to iOS 13. The only thing I notice is my battery has about 1/2 the stamina that it had pre-update. Coincidence ...I think not.  Robot Frustrated

88cranston

@Obice wrote:

I am on iOS 13.1.2 on an iPhone SE and although iOS 13 is certainly buggy I have had no issues with Public Mobile working on my phone.

I have however had quite a few spam/questionable calls lately... That would have more to do with Public Mobile than the phone itself though.

Interesting. On my SE and my wifes SE it was very hard to tap to initiate a Text. Had to press/tap hard numerous times and ditto to cancel the text. And do you have any problems with that??

Thanks. 

Obice

I had issues on my iPadAir 3, when I updated the new iPadOS.  Silly issues in Safari that made my forum browsing here difficult.  It's since been fixed via another OS update.

previously, I've had serious issues with accessible settings screwing up in multiple every other iOS update or patch in a short period of time.  Apple and other companies do have regular mesups, but you'd think they could get things right more often than not.

As for buying over price market leading phones via carriers, I resolved this for myself 3 years ago.  The money I save at Public Mobile is put aside in a specific savings account so when it's time for a new device, I can get the device I want, that suits my needs at that time.

Dont let carriers lock you in..  it's by far more expensive over time.

LeSong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I might be wrong but that’s what happened with me,
My voicemail notifications stopped working
no more after updating my iPhone XR to iOS 13.1.2
After resetting my settings trying troubleshooting the issue and surfing the internet looking for a solution, it turns out that if the carries servers isn't fully integrated from their end with the newest iOS apple releases then customers might begin having issues with notifications and iMessage.
So reversing back my iPhone to iOS 12 is what i did and VM notifications start working again with no issues.

88cranston

It is not too late to change back. I did it years ago and just did it today. 

See here. BUT make sure you have an older back up of your phone!!!

Click Here

88cranston

@tsparkle21 wrote:

My battery health used to be at 87%, then iOS updated and suddenly my battery's health has significantly degraded and I have to replace it ☹️

3AE9A3C3-D973-4AEA-992C-06FB342DABE4.jpeg

YUP....mine went down too!! By 4%. Will change myself. 

88cranston

@ajkm wrote:

Yep, you're right. Updating from iPhone 6 isn't really an option if I'm coming over to PM as it would lock me into the hideous Rogers for another 2 years and I'm not ponying up $1000 for the phone!

From what I have checked iPhone 6 will not be offered ios 13. 

88cranston

@luke11992 wrote:

Are these issues with iOS bugs, or issues that are causing the update to not mesh with Public Mobile?

I would think it is 100% an Apple problem. 

88cranston

@Korth wrote:

Apple has a history of "breaking" older iPhones with newer iOS versions.

Updates on newest iPhones tend to be awesome or harmless, updates on middle-aged iPhones tend to break little things which worked perfectly fine before, updates on elderly iPhones tend to be crippling. iDon't iPhone but iKnow some people who do (and some people who don't anymore, precisely because forced iOS updates kept breaking their stuff). Seems that Apple wants you to buy a new phone every couple years, for some people it's heavyhanded enough that eventually those new phones are anything not made by Apple. 

Not sure of your comments. I have an SE and expect to see numerous updates over the next few days. If that is truly what Apple does then if they expect me to buy a new one.....they have lost me and many others. The 4S still works well!! This iOS 13 has been their most ambitious upgrade of many changes they have ever done and with numerous errors. Something we should not accept and something they need to do a better job of. 

88cranston

@ajkm wrote:

Interesting. Any other compatibililty issues with 13 and anything else you've come across? Not yet with PM and so far 13 seems stable on iPhone 6. I may need to rethink until 13 is stable with PM.

To start a message or cancel the touch sensitivity is very poor. You have to press numerous times. 

Any areas like iCloud or contacts that you can add a pic to will add pic, orient it, save it and poof disappears. 

DL888

Weird...I have IOS 13 on mine, wifey, and daughters iphones and no issues at all.

tsparkle21

@GR wrote:

@tsparkle21 around here there's a guy that puts new batteries in iPhones for 40$ and after that it's like a new phone again!  Great investment, I got some put in my wife's and kids older iPhones 6s and se and it last all day again so if you can find someone where you live for around that price it's a great investment! 

Thanks!

@tsparkle21 around here there's a guy that puts new batteries in iPhones for 40$ and after that it's like a new phone again!  Great investment, I got some put in my wife's and kids older iPhones 6s and se and it last all day again so if you can find someone where you live for around that price it's a great investment! 

tsparkle21

My battery health used to be at 87%, then iOS updated and suddenly my battery's health has significantly degraded and I have to replace it ☹️

3AE9A3C3-D973-4AEA-992C-06FB342DABE4.jpeg

tehowennathe

@ajkm wrote:

Yep, you're right. Updating from iPhone 6 isn't really an option if I'm coming over to PM as it would lock me into the hideous Rogers for another 2 years and I'm not ponying up $1000 for the phone!

If your going to come to PM your only choice without paying $1000 is to keep your iPhone 6 or move to a mid range Android. There are plenty of Androids that are $300 and under that do fantastic job but not same as iPhone. If you really wanted iPhone you can always get a used phone or slightly older discounted model 

luke11992

Are these issues with iOS bugs, or issues that are causing the update to not mesh with Public Mobile?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ajkmAs long as you are happy with the camera.. then iPhone 6 with iOS 12 will be fine.

ajkm

Hoping that iOS 12 on iPhone 6 will be fine...

ajkm

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ajkmIt works fine for me without any modification on an iPhone XS.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Apple has a history of "breaking" older iPhones with newer iOS versions.

Updates on newest iPhones tend to be awesome or harmless, updates on middle-aged iPhones tend to break little things which worked perfectly fine before, updates on elderly iPhones tend to be crippling. iDon't iPhone but iKnow some people who do (and some people who don't anymore, precisely because forced iOS updates kept breaking their stuff). Seems that Apple wants you to buy a new phone every couple years, for some people it's heavyhanded enough that eventually those new phones are anything not made by Apple. 

ajkm

Interesting. Any other compatibililty issues with 13 and anything else you've come across? Not yet with PM and so far 13 seems stable on iPhone 6. I may need to rethink until 13 is stable with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.