cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte

PAP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can Public Mobile activate Volte for my iPhone SE? The option is NOT on my phone.

10 REPLIES 10

@Bilnok wrote:

@computergeek541 

So, in clear words what they told me is applicable only for the postpaid customer, however, the person who answered me from the customer service didn't mention this exception.
I think it's not fair if they choose to deprive prepaid customers of VoLTE, and especially if the band 850 will not be assured. PM customers will have two issues: A lack of coverage quality and no alternative solution as there will be no VoLTE. ☹️
I think if the Telus Marketing team relies on this to get PM customers into their postpaid park, it's a very weird strategy and in my opinion, it will be a huge churn with a big loss in PM market share. 😒

For the immediate future, there are no changes being made to VoLTE services. Postpaid customers have long had it. 

Bilnok

@computergeek541 

So, in clear words what they told me is applicable only for the postpaid customer, however, the person who answered me from the customer service didn't mention this exception.
I think it's not fair if they choose to deprive prepaid customers of VoLTE, and especially if the band 850 will not be assured. PM customers will have two issues: A lack of coverage quality and no alternative solution as there will be no VoLTE. ☹️
I think if the Telus Marketing team relies on this to get PM customers into their postpaid park, it's a very weird strategy and in my opinion, it will be a huge churn with a big loss in PM market share. 😒

@Bilnok wrote:

I received a text message from PM stating that there will be some changes in voice coverage starting from Mars 16, they mentioned that voice coverage quality will decrease in some of Winnipeg areas which made me worried. They gave me a number to call for further information, what I did, and the answer was that it's because Telus will launch the VoLTE and because not all customers have VoLTE ready phones, they will have some lack of coverage quality in some area of the city.
Also, they add PM will launch a campaign in order to permit those customers to get VoLTE capable phones with a $100 subsidy.
This is what I got like an answer to this announcement.
here is the text message translated from french including the number I called:
''Here Public Mobile. On March 16, 2021, changes will be made to the prepaid service network in Manitoba. Voice service coverage may decrease in parts of Winnipeg and Brandon. The data transmission speed will not be affected. In order for you to continue to enjoy your services after March 16, 2021, changes will need to be made to your account. For more information, please call us at 1-866-975-3058. Free Public Mobile Msg''

Thanks,

That doesn't say that VoLTE is coming to Public Mobile in a few days. In fact, I can assure you that it's not coming any time soon.  Also, Telus and Koodo have had VoLTE for postpaid customers for a considerable amount of time. To this day, Telus and Koodo prepaid customers (as a well as Public Mobile) do not have VoLTE and is is not coming in the near future. The official stance by all three brands is for postpaid customers to get a new phone and for prepaid customer to switch to postpaid.

@Bilnok 

I believe and other users have reported by calling that number you are offered a device subsidy if you migrate to telus or koodo who both offer VOLTE as pm currently does not. While the solution to this thread does mention that pm is exploring that possibility it will not be offered in any timely fashion to negate the loss of the 850 band thus reducing the quality if able to send/recieve calls in many indoor settings.

Bilnok

I received a text message from PM stating that there will be some changes in voice coverage starting from Mars 16, they mentioned that voice coverage quality will decrease in some of Winnipeg areas which made me worried. They gave me a number to call for further information, what I did, and the answer was that it's because Telus will launch the VoLTE and because not all customers have VoLTE ready phones, they will have some lack of coverage quality in some area of the city.
Also, they add PM will launch a campaign in order to permit those customers to get VoLTE capable phones with a $100 subsidy.
This is what I got like an answer to this announcement.
here is the text message translated from french including the number I called:
''Here Public Mobile. On March 16, 2021, changes will be made to the prepaid service network in Manitoba. Voice service coverage may decrease in parts of Winnipeg and Brandon. The data transmission speed will not be affected. In order for you to continue to enjoy your services after March 16, 2021, changes will need to be made to your account. For more information, please call us at 1-866-975-3058. Free Public Mobile Msg''

Thanks,

@Bilnok wrote:

There is some news that PM will provide VoLTE in the next few days. It will be another issue of our handsets will be capable to handle this technology or not 🙄

There won't be VoLTE in a few days.  The pictures that you shared warns about having less coverage because it won't be here any time soon.

@ShawnC13 

"The next few days" is a laughable statement however in the Manitoba Prepaid Network thread Catherine responded that pm is looking into enabling VOLTE but that its not something that can be quickly done. It seems that the sudden loss of the 850 band in Manitoba may have lit the fire to finally bring VOLTE to public mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

@Bilnok wrote:

There is some news that PM will provide VoLTE in the next few days. It will be another issue of our handsets will be capable to handle this technology or not 🙄

@Bilnok    Where did you get this information from?  I haven't read anything like this anywhere that I have been looking, do you have a site or something where we can read about it?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Bilnok

@PAP wrote:

Can Public Mobile activate Volte for my iPhone SE? The option is NOT on my phone.

Public Mobile doesn't offer VoLTE.

Need Help? Let's chat.