cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When I dial my phone number from another phone to check my voicemail how do I not get it to go to message and go to voicemail instead?

6 REPLIES 6

carlaspapa

Thanks for your help everybody and I'll pick JoyLuck solution now. I can't add an app at this moment in time because my phone is too old and it doesn't have enough memory and stuff to take any apps. I'll be looking out for a good deal on a phone soon.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel wrote:

@carlaspapa dial 1-8455-public and enter your phone number and pin

@gpixel I've never heard this suggestion before.  Isn't that number the toll-free version of 611?  Can you really get to your voicemail box that way?  Have you tried this?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@carlaspapa , @JoyLuck 's answer is rhe right one. If you are on the $15 limited plan like me, to save more,  you can add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) -press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. 

Stay safe. 

carlaspapa

Thank you I'll try both those ways and tell you how it all works out.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@carlaspapa wrote:

When I dial my phone number from another phone to check my voicemail how do I not get it to go to message and go to voicemail instead?

Press * at the greeting.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@carlaspapa  1855public is incorrect. this only has access to your account balance etc. 

Need Help? Let's chat.