cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail unavailable

gw4156
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since switching to public mobile, with a plan that includes voicemail, every time I try to call it says voicemail unavailable. using an Iphone 6, same phone I had with different carrier previously and it always worked. Is there something on the phone that needs to be turned on?  My voicemail was activiated. 

9 REPLIES 9

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gw4156  Call 647-580-4001 . Do you reach Public's voicemail? If yes, the issue is your phone settings it's pointing to the inverter number.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you set up your voice mail account?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gw4156 wrote:

Don't understand what porting a number in is. Can you explain?

Porting a phone number is to transfer your phone number from your old provider to a new provider,

gw4156
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don't understand what porting a number in is. Can you explain?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

According to this @gw4156 , your voicemail number may not be correctly programmed into your phone.https://thecellguide.com/how-to-fix-voicemail-button-not-working-on-iphone-6s-228

Use this list to figure out which one to program in https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gw4156 wrote:

Since switching to public mobile, with a plan that includes voicemail, every time I try to call it says voicemail unavailable. using an Iphone 6, same phone I had with different carrier previously and it always worked. Is there something on the phone that needs to be turned on?  My voicemail was activiated. 

Press 1 and hold your dialer will access your voicemail.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gw4156 habe you tried using another pgone to access your voicemail? Call your number and press *to interrupt voicemail and enter password. If this works, then it's a problem with your phone setup.

@gw4156 wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your number in?

Does everything else work? 

You'll have to contact moderators.

Two options to reach them.Simon.JPG

Or by private message.

Click Me 

Need Help? Let's chat.