cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification not showing up?

boyzmom33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Whenever someone leaves me a voicemail I get no notice of a message for hours? Any idea why or what setting I need to fix? I didn't have this issue when I was with my other carrier. I have a samusung S5 Active. TIA for any help

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am TBH, I don't remember exactly how the feature was describe, but I remember thinking it sounded like it would be annoying.  I know some flavours of Android (I think EMUI was/is a big offender, IIRC) are very heavy-handed at killing off background processes.  From the description, I remember thinking it sounded something like that, and so we turned it off.  I have not heard from her that she is suffering with poor battery performance as a result.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

When setting up a new S8 for someone last night, one of the things it prompts you for duing the set up wizard is to turn on battery saving mode, and it was enabled by default.  We read the description and decided it probably wasn't someting she'd want on, so we turned it off.  But I imagine many people would leave it on or not even notice it as they speed through the power-on wizard, anxious to get going with their new toy.

This is a feature users are expected to have on even when the battery is fully charged?  Stock android has auto battery saving mode, typically set at 15%.  When on battery savings, the phone is basically put in limp mode where practically nothing works.  And, bypass is just one easy click. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When setting up a new S8 for someone last night, one of the things it prompts you for duing the set up wizard is to turn on battery saving mode, and it was enabled by default.  We read the description and decided it probably wasn't someting she'd want on, so we turned it off.  But I imagine many people would leave it on or not even notice it as they speed through the power-on wizard, anxious to get going with their new toy.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Taekgun wrote:

@boyzmom33

I support @will13am suggestion that it may be a battery saver issue.  Being a Samsung owner, I have had issues with delayed notifications and it is almost always tied to battery saver issues, allowing an app to use background data processes to ensure your are getting prompt notifications.

TBH, I think Samsung is being too aggressive with the battery savings features.  There are certain actions that need exclusion.  On my rom, Google services is excluded from battery savings unconditionally.  So, all services under gcm go through.  Calling and texting features don't get screened in battery savings ever.  

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boyzmom33

I support @will13am suggestion that it may be a battery saver issue.  Being a Samsung owner, I have had issues with delayed notifications and it is almost always tied to battery saver issues, allowing an app to use background data processes to ensure your are getting prompt notifications.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am not that familiar with Samsung software.  The first thing that comes to mind is the possibility of some battery saving feature suppressing notifications.  It might be worthwhile investigating that first.  To check that, call yourself from a different line while the phone screen is on, leave yourself a message.  The notification should appear right away.  If not, then it might be something else, perhaps dialer settings.  

Need Help? Let's chat.