cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

Tammym
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When someone leaves a message, while I’m on the phone, the voicemail button won’t work.

what can I do to fix this? I’ve already done a hard reset. I’m working from home so it’s important that I can use this feature. Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

@Tammym, call into your settings, and go through each setting, and change the setting. 

I love voicemail, because I screen all my calls, who wants to talk to the nagging boss? 

• Voicemail requires you to have talk included in your plan, as accessing voicemail will use plan minutes.
  • A maximum of 10 messages may be stored, with a maximum length of 5 minutes each.
  • Messages will be automatically deleted after 10 days. You can recover them up to 48 hours after deletion by dialling into your voicemail, then selecting  ‘1’, followed by ‘9’.
  • For security reasons, use a password for voicemail access, even if you’re calling from your own phone (although I don't, I do lock my phone!)
  • After you’ve activated, your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages as soon as you add it to your account. A default greeting until you set it up. 

Setting Up a Personalized Message or Greeting

• Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  • When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘0000’ or ‘12345’.
  • Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  • Record your name and a personalized greeting, "Hi, am Tammy, the one and only..."
  • When you’re done, hang up to end the call.

Give it whirl and test it out on a different phone or landline

Tammym

No I waited until I finished. Went to my voicemail button which is blue (lit up) and it doesn’t do anything 

also my greeting is recorded but when someone calls & hears the message, it’s the default one, not my personal message 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Tammym, not sure if this will help. It could be the existing voicemail number went and decided to go on vacation because of the pandemic. SO, just delete this number and start fresh! 

So, what I did I created a new contact, let's call this new contact, 'Voicemail' and I program my phone number in it, 604.555.5555.

When I click on my 'Voicemail' or just call my own phone number, it doesn't even give a dial tone, but goes and tells me if I have a message or not. And the rest is history. 

When you are on the phone with someone else, I would think you should hang up first, before you start listening to your voicemail. 

@Tammym are you trying to access your voicemail while still on the phone with the other person? Thanks.

Tammym

Tried that just now. 
didn’t work. 

Tammym

Call forwarding is not enabled. 

I googled this:

Voicemail button not working on iPhone X

https://thecellguide.com/voicemail-button-issue-iphone-x-4072

@Tammym check to see if call forwarding may have been enabled by mistake. See link here  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Tammym

It’s iPhone 10

and yes it’s set up. It was working a few months ago. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

What type of phone do you have? Make/model.

Have you set up your voicemail?

Need Help? Let's chat.