cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working!

carsxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

My voicemail has suddenly stopped working. When I try to get into my voicemail menu on my phone, it takes me to setup my voicemail. But from there I cannot select Public Mobile as my service provider. I have also called the number 172 and the automated message said I have run out of minutes?

Not sure how this works but I have voicemails which I cannot access. Please help!

Thanks,

Carson

7 REPLIES 7

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome @carsxn . That should be the first troubleshooting step. 

Re-seating SIM is next. Glad it is fixed.

carsxn

Thank you! Rebooting my phone worked for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carsxn : What is 172? Try dialing 17785804001.

@carsxn 

Check your self service account for your plan details.  You should have unlimited minutes (at least provincial, not sure about Canada wide).  

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  

Try calling one of the voicemail access numbers.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

May need to set your phone to call one of these numbers to access your voicemail.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carsxn 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone.

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

everything you need about Voicemail click  Here link.

carsxn

Hi Triguy,

I'm on the $120 for 90 days plan. Not sure how many minutes I have for voicemail with this plan. But how can I add more minutes into my voicemail?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have the $15 plan checking voicemail uses your minutes.

You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.