cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail alert stopped working

jtd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I both have Public Mobile cell phone plans and both use Samsung S6+ phones.

Until recently both of us received the usual voicemail alerts on our phones - both a v/mail indicator and a text message (we use Textra).

Recently though neither of received any notification at all.

8 REPLIES 8

jtd

I never did. I switched to a new handset shortly afterwards - not because of the voicemail issue.

It seems I was stuck between public mobile being convinced Samsung were causing the problem and vice versa.

Sorry.

eileennatalie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue. Were you able to resolve the issue?

jtd

I spent an hour with Samsung tech support yesterday - they're convinced this is a cell provider issue rather than a phone issue.

Any other suggestions on a solution?

jtd

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jtd wrote:

My wife and I both have Public Mobile cell phone plans and both use Samsung S6+ phones.

Until recently both of us received the usual voicemail alerts on our phones - both a v/mail indicator and a text message (we use Textra).

I didn't know a text message was sent to notify. Maybe restart the phone. Maybe check the settings in Textra. Interesting that both of you are experiencing this at the same time.

Perhaps not, same hardware, same software, same outcome.  That said, the stock dialer app should work to notify of unheard voice messages, unless that notification has been silenced or use of textra has clobbered the functionality of the stock dialer.  I would troubleshoot by enabling the stock dialer as the default phone app to see if the problem still persists. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

I gave that it a try but it didn't resolve the problem I'm afraid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jtd wrote:

Which suggestion?

If you click on the Reply button to the lower right of a post and then click on the Quote button above the typing box, it will copy the contents of the message you're replying to into the typing box.

jtd

@Anonymous wrote:

@jtd wrote:

I didn't know a text message was sent to notify. Maybe restart the phone. Maybe check the settings in Textra. Interesting that both of you are experiencing this at the same time.

Perhaps not, same hardware, same software, same outcome.  That said, the stock dialer app should work to notify of unheard voice messages, unless that notification has been silenced or use of textra has clobbered the functionality of the stock dialer.  I would troubleshoot by enabling the stock dialer as the default phone app to see if the problem still persists. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jtd wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.