cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video's won't play

Heynow99999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have a pixel 4 and a 3g plan.  I can't get video's to play. What happens is either the video will just not load, or it will load and play for 6 seconds and stop.  This is using phone data (not wifi) and in downtown Toronto

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

@Heynow99999 wrote:

Op here, I did a couple of things that seemed to fix the problem.  I checked the APN settings and changed one of them, and switched to 3g as preferred network.  I am not sure which of these fixed it, but it now works, thank you

As suggested by @darlicious ...manually selecting 3G seems to speed things up. 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Heynow99999 wrote:

Op here, I did a couple of things that seemed to fix the problem.  I checked the APN settings and changed one of them, and switched to 3g as preferred network.  I am not sure which of these fixed it, but it now works, thank you

@Heynow99999 

glad to hear that is fixed,

enjoy your service...

Heynow99999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Heynow99999   was it Youtube video?  did you use the Youtube app?  you tried to clear app cache for the Youtube app (or whatever video app you are using)

How about Data, working without issue?  

did you try using the browser and try some video site and see if it works on the phone browser?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Could be something with settings on your phone? Not enough buffer memory? Some other app stealing your CPU cycles?

I would definitely avoid playing videos on puny phone screen.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Heynow99999 

What is the source that you are getting videos to play? With data being throttled 4G LTE to 3mbps you can run into an issue with HD video buffering or in your case not loading properly.  Depending on the source you may be able go change the settings for a lower resolution for video playback. Many sites such as YouTube already do this when it detects a slower data speed.

You can try switching to 3G only in your phone which can give you data speeds up to 20mbps on average but can depend heavily on network traffic on what speed you will get. Keep in mind video content is one if the fastest ways you can deplete your data. You are better off to download video content via wifi  for playback later without the need for the use mobile data.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Heynow99999 

Did video playing and  data work before?  What about text and talk?  

Check your self service account to make sure that you see the data usage counter in the Data and add on section.  If you don't see the tracker, that means you ran out of data this payment cycle.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Heynow99999 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, any data left,

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

Need Help? Let's chat.