cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Van Island purchase iPhone 12pro?

Oldpete
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wanted to get my graduates an IPhone 12 Pro, both have their own public mobile account. 

Where on Vancouver Island would be the best place to purchase two phones with no trade, that will work on Public Mobile system? 

thanks 

17 REPLIES 17

@Oldpete 

If you end up purchasing online again checking with your cards.....rbc rewards gives 3xpoints but you must activate the offer, check air miles offers, rakuten will surely have a percentage (?%) rebate and if you don't already have an account find someone to refer you as well.

Oldpete

As much as I want to support local, this seems like the best option. Thanks for your reply, may as well just do that. 

Keep in mind there is NO Apple Store on the island. Also Costco ONLINE may have one but I doubt if you can get one without a contract in the store. 

modugnot

Hey,

I recently purchased one and it's AWESOME! Except for some minor glitches with filming close-up. I would suggest getting them right from Apple. You'll be able to go with any provider you please. You can also check places like Costco if you have them in Vancouver. Sometimes they have good deals. But for the least stress, get it directly from the supplier! They're expensive anywhere regardless and by purchasing directly from Apple you get full warrantee.

T.

@Oldpete 

Your welcome. Any phone purchase I make goes on my RBC visa avion because the device insurance is very good. I thought it was just for when you travel but discovered it was for all the time. I'm fine but the bf is hard on phones. It covers up to two claims in a two year period.

Oldpete

thank you. Had not thought of that. 

@Oldpete 

Before you purchase you should look at the insurance  on your credit card(s) to see if one of them  usually a premium card like visa avion also includes device protection insurance which will cover the cost (minus a small deductible and a 2% depreciation per month) of a lost, stolen or broken phone for up to 2+ years.

@Anonymous wrote:
jump plus authorized apple dealers vancouver canada

but the offer, 

Your reward 100.00 Coupon with purchase of iPhone 12 Pro

is available on a next order with this promo code: 7956517493918480258

visit HERE 

Vancouver   

Park Royal   
1051 Park Royal South   
West Vancouver, British Columbia      
V7T 1A1   
 604-343-5641   
 vaninfo@jumpplus.com

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday    11:00am-7:00pm  
Saturday                11:00am-7:00pm   
Sunday                  11:00am-5:00pm 

please don't buy from kijiji or somone in person be careful to losing your money.

Good Luck

@Anonymous 

Not sure where YOU are, but, for the record, the city of Vancouver is NOT on Vancouver Island (where the op seems to be located).

And until at least next Tuesday non-essential travel between Vancouver Island and Vancouver / "the mainland" is not supposed to happen. 

So if the op wants to walk into a shop to buy their phones this weekend, your suggestion is not exactly hitting the mark.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

- A store in Nanaimo 

- general Kijiji listings 😛

- Authorized Apple retailers (recommended 😎)

This is a big purchase where supporting local may not be the best option. You'd want warranty support right? So I recommend going with an authorized retailer.

Simply Computing, which @Dunkman already suggested is an authorized retailer so maybe check them out

Anonymous
Not applicable
jump plus authorized apple dealers vancouver canada

please don't buy from kijiji or somone in person be careful to losing your money.

Oldpete

That’s correct, apparently I was not too clear when asking where on Vancouver island I could support local businesses and buy one. Got all sorts of links to Apple, places in Vancouver, and places where people “think” I could buy one. And yes apparently iPhone 12 works on public mobile too, I knew that also from looking on here before asking. 

But not one single, “I bought it at this local store, works fine”. 

So will try one more time, who has actually purchased a (or two) iPhone 12pro from a Victoria or Westshore retailer recently they could recommend where to walk in an purchase. Thanks in advance. 

op 

I guess you want to buy outright with NO plan.  Good suggestions here. London Drugs, Apple Store or how about Best Buy?

@Oldpete 

You might want to try Simple Computing, an authorized Apple dealer.

https://www.simply.ca/pages/victoria

Simply Computing Victoria

102-2000 Cadboro Bay Road
Victoria, BC V8R 5G5

Phone: 250.412.6899

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Oldpete ADDENDUM: All iPhones sold in Canada will work on PM. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oldpete : Some retailers will sell outright. Most require a contract on new phones. I have 2 London Drugs in my sorta area. One will. The other won't. Try Staples too.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Oldpete  Not sure which are best shops on the Island but if you can't find a retailer close to you, I just ordered an XR from Apple online for my sister. It was delivered in less than a week by FedEx. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

visit  HERE  to buy it online and Free delivery. purchase from apple better.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.