cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using hotspot and get connection, but no internet

arachnesun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've created the Hotspot on my phone (Huawei) and used my laptop (windows 😎 to connect it, the connection was successful, but I couldn't use the Internet.  (The day before it was OK but last night and now it had problem)

I'm pretty sure that my phone works fine. My PM plan has12G data, and there is still a lot left. Do anyone know how to solve it? 

9 REPLIES 9

Kmoore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe try this. It Just fixed mine after weeks of messing with it. Says my WiFi is connected to the iPhone but not internet when using my hotspot for my Roku tv connection. Open the Settings for the browser you use for iCloud. Mine is Safari->iCloud, set to on, now open the Safari settings, locate the 'request desktop website' ,click to open turn on 'All Websites'

Epcjay

Just wanted to add I googled and came here for my chatr hotspot issue and making the type internet +mms+dun worked

kristi1977

I tried several different ways to fix this issue myself....finally called. As far as metro pcs you only get so many gb's for a hotspot. I fixed my issue by upgrading...simple fix. Your all welcome.

arachnesun

It works! Many thanks!

@arachnesun wrote:

1897500147.jpg

We tried both options, no one work.

If you examine the details of the two APNs, you will likely see dun in the APN type for the tethering APN.  However, the APN is incorrect for the tethering APN.  If you care to try, simply edit the Mobile Internet APN, add dun to APN type, save changes, reboot phone and see if it helps.

Had this issue with other phones. Only cure I found was rebooting both devices and setting up the hotspot from scratch. If your phone can still surf the 'net, it's a routing issue between the phone and laptop. Best read your phone's user manual.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

arachnesun

1897500147.jpg

We tried both options, no one work.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Intermittent problems are the hardest to solve.  From my personal experience with tethering, some devices will only tether when the APN type includes "dun".  I have a couple of devices that need this entry. 

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

can you reply back with all of your apn settings?  Best if you attach screenshots.

Need Help? Let's chat.