cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Koodo prepaid phone with Public Mobile

nov_very_own
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would I be able to use a Koodo prepaid phone on Public Mobile?

5 REPLIES 5

@hss wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@nov_very_own wrote:

The phone will work fine on the PM network.  Now when you setup your account here it is recommended to use a different email than what you had with Koodo.  If you want to keep the same number you would need to take on a temporary number and then you will need to have the moderators port your number over for you.

Why use a different email? Can you provide the reason?
I did Ported mine with the same email and had no issues.

Trying to use the same e-mail address with Public Mobile as associated woudl a Koodo prepaid account can cause a conflict, just as if the address was already in use at Public Mobile.

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@nov_very_own wrote:

The phone will work fine on the PM network.  Now when you setup your account here it is recommended to use a different email than what you had with Koodo.  If you want to keep the same number you would need to take on a temporary number and then you will need to have the moderators port your number over for you.

Why use a different email? Can you provide the reason?
I did Ported mine with the same email and had no issues.

Arunpreet

Yes. 

nov_very_own

Thanks! Ah, so my grandfather bought a Koodo phone but I have the PM SIM for him already. I guess I don't need to worry about existing email addresses or anything, just pop the SIM in. Cool. Crisis averted.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@nov_very_own wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.