cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Dual SIM cell phone?

jerjon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to use two PM SIM cards / accounts in one phone?

I'm just wondering if anyone has , or is doing this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jerjon talk and text should be okay, provided the second SIM slot isn't GSM-only or something like that.  I'm not familiar with the RCA models to be honest.

@ShawnC13 I used to run my primary PM SIM and my "3G" PM test SIM together on my OnePlus 3, back when PM had the oracles testing the new "3G" data plans.  I wasn't sure at the time if it would cause any weirdness, but it never did that I saw.  I did eventually move the "3G" SIM into my spare 1st gen Moto X later, but only so I could try some sample WhatsApp video calls between the two plan types so I needed the SIMs to be in separate phones.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jerjon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm using a new RCA 6066 phone, has dual SIM slots

Doesn't say anywhere in info about phone, if one slot limited compared to other?

I'd be looking to use a second PM SIM for a talk/text only line

Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jerjon yes, I've done it, with a OnePlus 3 at the time.  It works fine.  

What phone are you planning to do this with?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jerjon wrote:

Is it possible to use two PM SIM cards / accounts in one phone?

I'm just wondering if anyone has , or is doing this?

Thanks

I know people have 2 sim phones  but with 2 active PM lines I am not sure.  You would have to verify that both sim slots use the supported Bands.  I know the 2 sim phone I had the second slot was only 2G so it wouldn't work for two active lines.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.