cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessful Phone number transfer

Lilzee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up an account on Public Mobile 12 hours ago and inputted my previous provider info during the process to transfer my number. However, my number still hasn't transferred over to PM and I keep on receiving text messages from PM to "contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form." 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, would like to use my original number as soon as possible. Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

Steveb0159
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It says my phone number &  transfer activation was unsuccessful

Steveb0159
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem and I sent a ticket five days ago. 

Try your old Sim card in your phone to see if it still works! If it does use it till the moderators fix the port

@Lilzee wrote:

Ah ok thanks! I hope they respond soon...

@Lilzee  Can take upto 48 hours depending on volume. Who is your previous provider?

Lilzee

Thanks for the info!

Lilzee

Ah ok thanks! I hope they respond soon...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lilzee wrote:

I set up an account on Public Mobile 12 hours ago and inputted my previous provider info during the process to transfer my number. However, my number still hasn't transferred over to PM and I keep on receiving text messages from PM to "contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form." 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, would like to use my original number as soon as possible. Thank you. 

@Lilzee  That means that there is a problem with the port when PM tried submitting it your your previous provider. You need to message the moderator and include the missing/correct  information.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lilzee wrote:

If your port has hung up you will need to contact the moderators.  In the meantime you can check to see if your old sim is still active that way you won't miss out on any calls or texts while the port is in process.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@LilzeeYou need to contact the moderators with this link.. include your current temporary number etc. Expect to hear from them in 48 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lilzee wrote:

@Moderator_Team < Click this.

It means there's a problem with the transfer. You'll need to contact them.

Need Help? Let's chat.