cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered Sim

andreat84
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my sim card in my S5 which was working prior to changing it. After changing the sim number on my account I turned on my device and it says unregistered sim. I have gone in and changed the APN settings to Public mobile but it has not resolved the issue. I have tried the sim in another device and it does not work. I have tried a sim from another provider in the s5 and it works. I have even tried a 2nd public mobile sim card and it will not register either

9 REPLIES 9

@andreat84 wrote:

I had previously tried using the old one before posting this and it came up that this sim card was invalid as it had previously been registered. The only reason we were trying a new sim was because he was repeatedly getting zero service. 

For  now I will leave it as is until I hear from a mod

I agree with @Someone_here, if you are able to go back and use your old sim then the issue is that registtering your new sim isn't working or being done properly. After attempting to enter the new sim in your self serve account, logout and then login and check to see if the new sim number is being displayed in your account.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

andreat84

I had previously tried using the old one before posting this and it came up that this sim card was invalid as it had previously been registered. The only reason we were trying a new sim was because he was repeatedly getting zero service. 

For  now I will leave it as is until I hear from a mod

@andreat84 wrote:

Definitely not blacklisted as it is my old device and it is unlocked. The phone works with a different service provider card or his old sim. But neither of the 2 brand new ones. I have given up and went back to the old one

If you are able to go back to the old SIM, then the SIM number in your account was probably never changed (and therefore it is normal the new ones won't work). Usually when you input and activate a new SIM number, the old one becomes unusable forever. 

Out of curiosity, why change SIM card in the first place if your old SIM is still working?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@andreat84 the reason I mentioned blacklisted is because that is the message that often appears  when phones are blacklisted.

Search the forum for unregistered sim 

andreat84

Definitely not blacklisted as it is my old device and it is unlocked. The phone works with a different service provider card or his old sim. But neither of the 2 brand new ones. I have given up and went back to the old one

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Is your phone new or used?  If used check if phone was blacklisted.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @andreat84

You may want to check S5 manual for the SIM lock security feature in case it is activated. There's a security feature in which when activated, it will not accept another SIM until when deactivated with it's code.

Check this link for detail

andreat84

I have tried 2 different public mobile sims - both are coming up not registered. Even when I enter one or the other in the self serve it does not come up with an error that says this sim is already registered(like the old one). The sim I did put in is from another carrier and it does work. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried again to change the SIM number in your selfserve? If yes, then I don't know...

The weird thing is "have even tried a 2nd public mobile sim card and it will not register either"... The 2nd PM SIM you have tried in the S5 is a registered SIM that works in other phones?

Need Help? Let's chat.