cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking phone

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

Can someone correct if I am wrong. To get any phone unlocked if its locked to telus koodo I need to send a pm to mod. Is that the only way available to get it unlock my device. 

I think pm should add a tongle or somehing when user login to their account summary page would be much easier that way. If we only have a option to send a msg to mod to get it unlock. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
12 REPLIES 12

@prasannaga wrote:

Hello, I need to unlock my phone , i was an earlier public mobile customer and i ported to Koodo . Please let me know the way to unlock the phone.

If it was sold by Public back during transition away from the old CDMA network, it doesn't need to be unlocked to work at Koodo. It will already work at Telus and Koodo.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@prasannaga wrote:

Hello, I need to unlock my phone , i was an earlier public mobile customer and i ported to Koodo . Please let me know the way to unlock the phone.

Did you got a phone from Koodo?

If yes, you can ask Koodo or Telus to unlock your Koodo phone for free..

If no, you can call that provider to unlock your phone for free.

prasannaga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Dunkman wrote:

@monterojac

Public Mobile has not offered actual phones for a while.  Is your phone an older phone locked to Public Mobile?  If so, you will need to private message moderator.  Expect 2-3 day wait. 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

If your phone was locked to Telus or Koodo, you can call them directly for unlock.  If you recently bought a Samsung and it is "locked" to Public Mobile, you can contact Samsung directly.  

For those Telus or Koodo locked devices, customers can also contact Public Mobile to get the unlock code or to get an iPhone device unlocked.  The only disadvantage to that would be the length of time it takes for Public Mobile to reply.

@monterojac

Public Mobile has not offered actual phones for a while.  Is your phone an older phone locked to Public Mobile?  If so, you will need to private message moderator.  Expect 2-3 day wait. 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

If your phone was locked to Telus or Koodo, you can call them directly for unlock.  If you recently bought a Samsung and it is "locked" to Public Mobile, you can contact Samsung directly.  

monterojac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I would like that Public Mobile unlock my phone.

Please, could you send me the exactly link where I need to send my IMEI in order to unlock my iphone by PUBLIC MOBILE company.

Thank you so much

Lochness88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You don’t necessarily need to contact them you can also do it through the provider I had my phones with Rogers and I called/chatted with them to get it unlocked and now that it’s free to unlock any phone it’s not a big deal to do it and it’s easy with iPhones just pop in the SIM card and restart the phone with Samsung’s I suggest to factory reset them after they have been unlocked my Nan had issues with her phone but once we factory reset it it was working.  

If if you have issues with service after you have unlocked the phone try factory resetting the phone first to see if that resolved the issue. Factory resets and restarting your phone helps with a lot of phone issues. 

Sticky in the Knowledge Base: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Unlocking-Your-Phone/ta-p/5237

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am

Make sense I will send a pm to mod when I get home. 

Thanks for your reply bro. 

🙂 I had a feeling I will get reply back from you. Lol 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Samianauman, to be honest if you are looking for a quick solution, waiting for Public Mobile to implement your proposed solution would be quite the slow burn.  In the time you spent lamenting the lack of better access to getting unlock codes you could have sent off the probate message already.  You should be able to call Telus and speak to a real live person.

By the way, this is one suggestion that I would welcome plenty of foot dragging by public Mobile.  Phones are unlocked out of the box already.  No point in developing a solution to a problem already resolved.  

Thx I was kind of sure that only option available for unlocking device by sending pm to mod. 

But would be alot better if there any form or option on account summary website. That will be time saver. If someone need a quick unlocking. Lots of other carrier offer online unlocking by login to their account. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Samianaumanwrote:

Can someone correct if I am wrong. To get any phone unlocked if its locked to telus koodo I need to send a pm to mod. Is that the only way available to get it unlock my device. 

I think pm should add a tongle or somehing when user login to their account summary page would be much easier that way. If we only have a option to send a msg to mod to get it unlock. 

@Samianauman  

You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team to unlock your phone. They will only unlock phones locked to Telus/Koodo/PM. 

You can also contact Telus/Koodo (if its originally from Telus/Koodo). 

Actually I think they should make a sticky thread so unlocking is at the top... as there is a lot of people asking about the unlocking. One just hours ago actually.

Need Help? Let's chat.