cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking phone

feyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an old Moto G phone that I purchased from Public Mobile back in 2013 when the switch to Telus happened. It appears to be locked to Public's network. I would like to unlock it since I recently upgraded and I know someone else who could use it. How would I go about doing that?

5 REPLIES 5

@feyn wrote:

How do I submit a ticket? The chatbot doesn't understand what I'm asking.

I'm not really supposed to say this, but just type in "rep" and then select "account specific questions". Be sure to select the apprprorpiate service categories.  I see that Public Mobile has tweaked things now, making it even more difficult to open a ticket than before. 

feyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I submit a ticket? The chatbot doesn't understand what I'm asking.

@Anonymous wrote:

@feyn wrote:

I have an old Moto G phone that I purchased from Public Mobile back in 2013 when the switch to Telus happened. It appears to be locked to Public's network. I would like to unlock it since I recently upgraded and I know someone else who could use it. How would I go about doing that?

Does it use a SIM?

Public Mobile started out using CDMA.

The Moto G sold by Public Mobile does take a sim card. The CDMA devices that Public Mobile originally sold had really no household names when it came to brands of devices.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@feyn wrote:

Does it use a SIM?

Public Mobile started out using CDMA.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@feyn  Click on the ? bottom right type mod and submit a ticket provide the IMEI number and they will unlock it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.