cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Phone

MycroftHolmes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, it appears my phone may have locked. 

Can someone assist to unlock it? 

15 REPLIES 15

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MycroftHolmes   PM moderators will unlock Telus/Koodo phones for customers. However, if your number has already transferred out they may not and you'll have to contact the original carrier. 

To reach the moderators you need to get a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@MycroftHolmes 

Its either telus or koodo. Contact whomever it was to have it unlocked.

@MycroftHolmes wrote:

I was with Public Mobile. My employer is not with Public Mobile. I am trying to set up the phone with the new provider's SIM card. Yes, I have an iphone 6. 

@MycroftHolmes Where did you get the iPhone 6 from?

@MycroftHolmes wrote:

My employer has allowed me to add my personal cell phone to their corporate plan. I ported the phone number successfully. When I insert the new sim card it says SIM not supported. I am told that this may be due to the phone becoming locked. 

Hi @MycroftHolmes you must have an iPhone. Your phone is locked to the previous carrier / provider. This means it will not work with any other company's Sim card, hence the message you received. You will need to contact your previous provider to get the phone unlocked. 

@MycroftHolmes 

Or you can contact apple support.

MycroftHolmes

I was with Public Mobile. My employer is not with Public Mobile. I am trying to set up the phone with the new provider's SIM card. Yes, I have an iphone 6. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MycroftHolmes wrote:

My employer has allowed me to add my personal cell phone to their corporate plan. I ported the phone number successfully. When I insert the new sim card it says SIM not supported. I am told that this may be due to the phone becoming locked. 

@MycroftHolmes : What make/model/submodel is the phone?

Public Mobile doesn't lock phones but maybe you brought it over from Telus or Koodo from back in phone locking days. But if not then this is all up to your new provider...not PM.

@MycroftHolmes 

What year is your phone from and who was your original provider when you got the phone? Did you port from pm to ? Or the other way around? Did you recieve and reply yes to the porting authorization text from pm or other provider?

@MycroftHolmes wrote:

@MycroftHolmes I gather your employer is with Public Mobile and you ported in your old number to Public Mobile? From your IMEI you have an iPhone 6 which came out before the ban on selling locked phones came out. Who is your old service with? They can unlock the phone for free.

@MycroftHolmes 

We need a little more info from you so we can help. 

But if you have been a regular customer for a while. It was not your renewal last night and you have suddenly lost your services you need to check your sim card matches your account.

MycroftHolmes

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@MycroftHolmes wrote:

Can someone assist to unlock it? IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi @MycroftHolmes as this is a public forum, please remove your IMEI number by clicking the three dots on top right of your post and Edit.

Where did you get your phone?  All phones sold these should be unlocked.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MycroftHolmes 

Please go to the 3 dots top right corner of your post and edit out your IMEI# you can lose your account!

Edit: Why do you think its locked? Have you lost service? Are you new?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MycroftHolmes wrote:

Can someone assist to unlock it? IMEI: xxxxxxxx

@MycroftHolmes hi why do you think your phone suddenly locked? check in your self serve to make sure your sim number is the same as the one in your phone 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should delete the IMEI by clicking on the three dots.

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.