cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking HTC One M8

jermy19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received my Public Mobile SIM card today with plans to switch from Telus.

I do not have service with the PM SIM inserted.

I believe that my phone is still locked to Telus, and purchased a unlock code.

When I insert my PM SIM card I am not given a prompt to enter the unlock code.

I also tried re-inserting my Telus SIM, and do not get a prompt to enter the code.

While activating my PM SIM I entered information to port my telus phone number. I am assuming this will not happen until my phone is unlocked?

If someone could direct me to a mod that I could forward this to as a private message I would appreciate it. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have the same phone dude. 

Welcome to Pub.

jermy19

Everything is working fine for me now. 

I sent the mods a message on Tuesday night, and received a response on Thursday.

jermy19

My PM SIM did not work, so now I do not have service from either Telus or PM.

I have sent a message to @CS_Agent . 

Reading through the forum, it seems like this is a common issue. Like a few others, as soon as I activated the SIM I had issues first logging into my account, and my account showing disabled and un-paid (after I thought I had processed payment). So I paid again, and have 180 days worth of credit on my account. I hope I am able to use it soon 🙂

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes now your pm sim should work now. You will enjoy this service for sure 😊

jermy19

Thanks everyone. My Telus account was suspended this morning (so this took about 12 hours), I'm assuming that needed to happen before my PM service begins working. I will try my PM SIM card later tonight.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As everyone has said, since PM is under Telus, you will not require to unlock your phone as  a PM sim card will work. Your number should port easily as well. @Shazia_K can help you if you neeed more help. 

Cheeers

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jermy19  

what step in teh process are you?

I would first create a PM account with a new phone number. once this is done and all is working i would then port your telus number through self serve.

remember to double check teh name on the account and account number.  also check i ma authorised before enteing any info.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Actually you really dont need an unlock code, but it will be good to have just incase. Any locked phone to telus/koodo will work on PM.

When you port a number over, your account at telus will automatically close (assuming you dont have a "balance" or technically are still in a contract" so if you have an outstanding balance/tab (not sure if telus does some sort of tab) you should pay that off first. If you are on a month to month contract you should be good to go.

Porting from telus has had some issues because PM and Telus/Koodo are all under the same company

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you do not need to unlock your phone. telus/koodo/PM sims are all interchangable.

if you wnat to unock it you need to insert a roger/fido/bell/virgin sim

Need Help? Let's chat.