cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked (Verizon) HTC M9

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

My mom recently got an HTC M9 which is unlocked, but upon putting the PM SIM card in it at the start up screen, the phone specified that "This is not a SIM card from Verizon." And lead on to say something about activation. The options were "Turn off this phone", "Turn on WIFI", and "Emergency".

I got to the homescreen and Public Mobile showed up on the top-left of the screen, and then I put in the APN for PM, but there is an icon at the top of the screen that still remains a mystery to me as to what it is.

It appears to be a SIM card or an SD card, but more than likely a SIM card... With a question mark on it, yet PM works fine, as does data. What gives? To further my confusion, when I go into the network settings, the phone claims to have no network preferences and somewhere in there it cited that the network isn't properly set up.

1.png

4 REPLIES 4

Barryere

@bridonca wrote:
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 & CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
4G bandsLTE band 4(1700/2100), 13(700)

These are the bands the Verizon HTC M9 supports.  Band 4 LTE is all you can get out of this phone with Public Mobile, and not all towers utilize Band 4.   I do not believe there is much of a rollout for Band 13 LTE yet for Telus.

3G is fully supported though.

I see, well that's good to know as she pays for only 3G, and considering 4G.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 & CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
4G bandsLTE band 4(1700/2100), 13(700)

These are the bands the Verizon HTC M9 supports.  Band 4 LTE is all you can get out of this phone with Public Mobile, and not all towers utilize Band 4.   I do not believe there is much of a rollout for Band 13 LTE yet for Telus.

3G is fully supported though.

Barryere

@computergeek541 wrote:

Verizon phones will word the network unlocking prompted differently. It sometimes says something like "to use a different carier, enter code" or something similar.  I have seen that type of message before on Verizon phones.  Since you Public Mobile service works, the phone is in fact, unlocked.  That message about non-Verizon sim cards is something that will come up any time after you had your phone turned off and then turn it back on. On phone's that I've seen, you can dismiss the message on these Android devices by swiping the notification off the edge of the page (at least that's my experience with the Moto E4 from Verizon).

I see.

Verizon phones will word the network unlocking prompted differently. It sometimes says something like "to use a different carier, enter code" or something similar.  I have seen that type of message before on Verizon phones.  Since you Public Mobile service works, the phone is in fact, unlocked.  That message about non-Verizon sim cards is something that will come up any time after you had your phone turned off and then turn it back on. On phone's that I've seen, you can dismiss the message on these Android devices by swiping the notification off the edge of the page (at least that's my experience with the Moto E4 from Verizon).

Need Help? Let's chat.