cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unlocked AT&T LG V10 Service State "Radio Off" after reset

Hello everyone,

Recently purchased unlocked V10 from Amazon (AT&T Unlocked Phone compatible with GSM SIM cards in U.S. and worldwide) and put my PM sim card in when I received it. Immediately I saw it connect to the PM network and could use it. However, I had trouble with the battery so I performed a hard reset and since then, I have not been able to connect to any network (error while searching for networks). I tried the *#*#4636#*#* code but got a message that the application does not work with this device. However, I could see behind the message that GSM service: Radio off. 

What I've tried:

-contacted seller to ask if it was factory unlocked, which I think would mean it wouldn't revert back to "locked" after a reset - he said it was "fully unlocked", whatever that means.

-sim card works in all other telus-locked phones

-tried my friend's telus sim card in the V10 and had same issue

-imei is valid

-factory reset twice, once through menu and once using buttons

-checked my account in good standing

I would really appreciate some advice in this matter before I give up and return it.

Any suggestions from this wonderful community?

Thanks!

Oracle

Re: Unlocked AT&T LG V10 Service State "Radio Off" after reset

Given your tests I'm pretty sure it has relocked. Here's a post I found: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-lg-v10/help/t-mobile-locked-phone-please-help-t3305637

You could also try getting a new unlock code. Othershave reported this site is good: https://www.mobifree.net/unlock.

Sorry can't be more help. Wait a bit for some of our Android buffs to chime in.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

Thank you Ludite...that's what I was thinking.  The only thing perplexing me though, is that in my experience, whenever a locked phone detects a different carrier's sim card, I would get some indication that it wouldn't accept the sim because of the carrier.  This time there is no error message.

And thank you for the link to unlock...would you happen to know if the same issue would arise if I reset the phone again in the future? Seems strange to me.

Mayor / Maire

If you just unlocked it then unlocking stays permanent if won't get effected by resetting or software upgrade.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can you make any voice calls? If yes, then phone is unlocked.

Are you just having data connectivity issues?

Hi Sheytoon,
Thank you for chiming in...
No I'm not able to make any calls - the phone will not "turn on" the cellular radio at all. 😔
So no data either of course. But Wi-Fi is fine.
N.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From a quick search on AndroidCentral forms, it looks like you may have an APN issue, which could have been caused by reseting your phone I suppose.

Visit http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ and search for (CA – Public Mobile)

Directions for Android are along the bottom. See if that works for you.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nmaloff
That's really weird. Some kind of software/firmware issue with the phone. Just for completeness, can you factory reset again?

@Wafik
He has an Android device and APN has no impact on voice calls.

Thanks for your input..
@sheytoon I believe you are correct about the APN settings.
I contacted the seller again and he said out of the 200 phones he's sold, mine is the only one to have had this issue. Figures!! Just frustrating that it worked perfectly initially. I can return for refund if needed, but I am now on a mission to make this work! Lol.... I'm a stubborn girl.
Will reset one more time and see if somehow the cell radio gets switched on.
I so appreciate everyone's feedback here btw 💕
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh, my bad, for some reason I was thinking you were trying to access data.

Does your phone work with wifi?  If so, you could always try downloading the LG V10 Hidden Settings No Root app and see if maybe something is switched off that you need on?

Shot in the dark.