cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Unlock

Koodo on social media said the imei was unlocked, but it's not detecting the pm sim, still says no service, how likely is an iPhone 4 not compatible?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

Koodo on social media said the imei was unlocked, but it's not detecting the pm sim, still says no service, how likely is an iPhone 4 not compatible?

Can you set it to a 3G network? WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA. Any of those?

I would be quite sure it should be compatible.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

@on2wheels  Do you have access to another phone to test the sim?

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I aloready know this sim works, been using it in an LG k4 for months.  Still waiting on a response from admins here on whether they can do anything.  the iphone still can't recognize pm. 

Dont think I'm doing anythign wrong, the sim uses the middle size adaptor and fits the tray ok. Maybe I'll ask in an iphone 4 thread if anyone else had issues. It does seem to reboot the phone when I input my apple id credentials but does see my wifi and can connect.

edit: The phone worked after teh previous owner removed it from their icloud.com account, after jumping through the rediculous hoops Apple demands of you...the phone was garbage, broken home button, small screen, went back to Android. Thanks all.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

I aloready know this sim works, been using it in an LG k4 for months.  Still waiting on a response from admins here on whether they can do anything.  the iphone still can't recognize pm. 

Dont think I'm doing anythign wrong, the sim uses the middle size adaptor and fits the tray ok. Maybe I'll ask in an iphone 4 thread if anyone else had issues. It does seem to reboot the phone when I input my apple id credentials but does see my wifi and can connect.

@on2wheels  If the sim works and you are getting no service on the iPhone then the iPhone is locked.

Edit: Others have mentioned when they connect their iPhone to a computer and enable Wi-Fi and try to login into iTunes they got it to work. Might be worth a try.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just asked a moderator to unlock a phone and they told me this??? To unlock your phone, please contact the company that sold the phone if possible, or the manufacturer client care. They are able to assist you for the phone, Public Mobile client care can only provide you with thePUK code of the SIM card if required.  I've never heard of this before??? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@searl hi yes thats the way it works the company that sold the phone is the one obliged to unlock it 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@searl wrote:

i just asked a moderator to unlock a phone and they told me this??? To unlock your phone, please contact the company that sold the phone if possible, or the manufacturer client care. They are able to assist you for the phone, Public Mobile client care can only provide you with thePUK code of the SIM card if required.  I've never heard of this before??? 

Moderators can only unlock Telus phones. If you don't want to contact old carrier, you can buy a code or pay someone, but from the original Canadian carrier is free.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone plz tell me the unless ck code for my lgk20

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Anitab69 wrote:

Can someone plz tell me the unless ck code for my lgk20

If it actually came from Telus or Koodo then you can contact the moderators. But otherwise no one here can help you with that. You'll need to get it from the previous provider that the phone was on.