Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Unlock

i need my phone unlocked 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bengoeppner wrote:

i need my phone unlocked 

If your phone is locked you need to contact your old company to do that and it’s free.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Useful to know: 

All wireless devices sold after December 1, 2017 are already unlocked (sometimes they may be locked but then you will have instructions on how to unlock it, it is free).

If you need to unlock your phone, ask your carrier they will give you an unlocking code and explainations on how to do it.  For free.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does this apply for older iPhones? I've got a 4 here that displays no service even before I login to it with my apple account, I've sent a message to the mod team, but Im

@hairbag1 wrote:

click here to private message a Moderator

Not 100% sure who the previous carrier was.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

Does this apply for older iPhones? I've got a 4 here that displays no service even before I login to it with my apple account, I've sent a message to the mod team, but Im

@hairbag1 wrote:

Can you try a sim from a family member or a friend?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheelsI am pretty sure it doesn't apply to older iPhones.. especially if you don't know what the previous carrier is. If your think the iPhone is worth while you can buy one of the unlock status query services for iPhones... You just type in the IMEI numbers and they will show the status.

Also I am pretty PM Mods can't help you with unlock status of iPhones with questionable lock status from other carriers.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Apparently it was with Koodo and I'm using a working pm sim in it from an older android phone.  

Ive provided the imei and account to the mod team here, maybe they can assist?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheelsI am pretty sure you need to talk to Koodo about unlocking.. not PM.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

Some of the earlier iPhone 4 won't work as they are obsolete.

Give this a try...www.willmyphonework.net.

Let us know.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

Apparently it was with Koodo and I'm using a working pm sim in it from an older android phone.  

Ive provided the imei and account to the mod team here, maybe they can assist?

If it was working with Koodo before then it should work here as the locked status carries across.

So what all problems are you having? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Internet browsing? MMS?