cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unlock

Recently had my phone connected through public mobile but I know need it unlocked anyone know how to do that? 

Thanks

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Unlock

@taylorkootenay wrote:

Recently had my phone connected through public mobile but I know need it unlocked anyone know how to do that? 

Thanks

So you're leaving PM and need the phone unlocked...correct ? You'll have to contact a moderator for unlock assistance.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@taylorkootenay wrote:

Thanks

Call your provider who sold you your phone to unlock it even you are no long has service with them.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@taylorkootenay wrote:

Thanks

Call your provider who sold you your phone to unlock it even you are no long has service with them.

if it was through PM, it was unlocked

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@taylorkootenay wrote:

Thanks

So you're leaving PM and need the phone unlocked...correct ? You'll have to contact a moderator for unlock assistance.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@hairbag1 

Am i wrong , I thought our phone was not locked with PM

Highlighted

Yes, im not sure how to contact that

Highlighted

I called telus and they told me it was not through them so im confused as of what to do right now.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@denis2 wrote:

@hairbag1 

Am i wrong , I thought our phone was not locked with PM

Public Mobile has not sold phones locked for a very long time, not since shortly after switching to Telus' HSPA/lTE network. 

The phones that were sold by Public Mobiel for use on Public's original CDMA network cannot be used for anything any longer.  They are literally paperweights/alarm clocks.

The ones that Public Mobile did sell shortly after Telus takeover are the ones that have sim card slots.  Back then, those phones were essentially Telus and Koodo stock.  Public Mobile Moderators can unlock any phone that is locked to Telus/Koodo.

Currently, phones sold by carriers in Canada are not locked to one speicfic carrier.

Highlighted

@taylorkootenay 

@taylorkootenay wrote:

I called telus and they told me it was not through them so im confused as of what to do right now.

Where does the phone come from ?

were you using it 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

click here to private message a Moderator