cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock

taylorkootenay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently had my phone connected through public mobile but I know need it unlocked anyone know how to do that? 

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31

shananahan1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately you need to have been a customer or are a customer with that carrier to have it unlocked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anitab69 wrote:

Can someone plz tell me the unless ck code for my lgk20

If it actually came from Telus or Koodo then you can contact the moderators. But otherwise no one here can help you with that. You'll need to get it from the previous provider that the phone was on.

Anitab69

Can someone plz tell me the unless ck code for my lgk20

@searl wrote:

i just asked a moderator to unlock a phone and they told me this??? To unlock your phone, please contact the company that sold the phone if possible, or the manufacturer client care. They are able to assist you for the phone, Public Mobile client care can only provide you with thePUK code of the SIM card if required.  I've never heard of this before??? 

Moderators can only unlock Telus phones. If you don't want to contact old carrier, you can buy a code or pay someone, but from the original Canadian carrier is free.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@searl hi yes thats the way it works the company that sold the phone is the one obliged to unlock it 

searl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just asked a moderator to unlock a phone and they told me this??? To unlock your phone, please contact the company that sold the phone if possible, or the manufacturer client care. They are able to assist you for the phone, Public Mobile client care can only provide you with thePUK code of the SIM card if required.  I've never heard of this before??? 

@on2wheels wrote:

I aloready know this sim works, been using it in an LG k4 for months.  Still waiting on a response from admins here on whether they can do anything.  the iphone still can't recognize pm. 

Dont think I'm doing anythign wrong, the sim uses the middle size adaptor and fits the tray ok. Maybe I'll ask in an iphone 4 thread if anyone else had issues. It does seem to reboot the phone when I input my apple id credentials but does see my wifi and can connect.

@on2wheels  If the sim works and you are getting no service on the iPhone then the iPhone is locked.

Edit: Others have mentioned when they connect their iPhone to a computer and enable Wi-Fi and try to login into iTunes they got it to work. Might be worth a try.

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I aloready know this sim works, been using it in an LG k4 for months.  Still waiting on a response from admins here on whether they can do anything.  the iphone still can't recognize pm. 

Dont think I'm doing anythign wrong, the sim uses the middle size adaptor and fits the tray ok. Maybe I'll ask in an iphone 4 thread if anyone else had issues. It does seem to reboot the phone when I input my apple id credentials but does see my wifi and can connect.

edit: The phone worked after teh previous owner removed it from their icloud.com account, after jumping through the rediculous hoops Apple demands of you...the phone was garbage, broken home button, small screen, went back to Android. Thanks all.

@on2wheels wrote:

Koodo on social media said the imei was unlocked, but it's not detecting the pm sim, still says no service, how likely is an iPhone 4 not compatible?

@on2wheels  Do you have access to another phone to test the sim?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@on2wheels wrote:

Koodo on social media said the imei was unlocked, but it's not detecting the pm sim, still says no service, how likely is an iPhone 4 not compatible?

Can you set it to a 3G network? WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA. Any of those?

I would be quite sure it should be compatible.

on2wheels

Anonymous
Not applicable

@on2wheels wrote:

Apparently it was with Koodo and I'm using a working pm sim in it from an older android phone.  

Ive provided the imei and account to the mod team here, maybe they can assist?

If it was working with Koodo before then it should work here as the locked status carries across.

So what all problems are you having? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Internet browsing? MMS?

@on2wheels wrote:

Does this apply for older iPhones? I've got a 4 here that displays no service even before I login to it with my apple account, I've sent a message to the mod team, but Im

@hairbag1 wrote:

click here to private message a Moderator

Not 100% sure who the previous carrier was.

Some of the earlier iPhone 4 won't work as they are obsolete.

Give this a try...www.willmyphonework.net.

Let us know.

@on2wheelsI am pretty sure you need to talk to Koodo about unlocking.. not PM.

on2wheels

Apparently it was with Koodo and I'm using a working pm sim in it from an older android phone.  

Ive provided the imei and account to the mod team here, maybe they can assist?

@on2wheelsI am pretty sure it doesn't apply to older iPhones.. especially if you don't know what the previous carrier is. If your think the iPhone is worth while you can buy one of the unlock status query services for iPhones... You just type in the IMEI numbers and they will show the status.

Also I am pretty PM Mods can't help you with unlock status of iPhones with questionable lock status from other carriers.

@on2wheels wrote:

Does this apply for older iPhones? I've got a 4 here that displays no service even before I login to it with my apple account, I've sent a message to the mod team, but Im

@hairbag1 wrote:

Can you try a sim from a family member or a friend?

on2wheels

@hairbag1 wrote:

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Useful to know: 

All wireless devices sold after December 1, 2017 are already unlocked (sometimes they may be locked but then you will have instructions on how to unlock it, it is free).

If you need to unlock your phone, ask your carrier they will give you an unlocking code and explainations on how to do it.  For free.

@bengoeppner wrote:

i need my phone unlocked 

If your phone is locked you need to contact your old company to do that and it’s free.

bengoeppner

i need my phone unlocked 

denis2

@taylorkootenay 

@taylorkootenay wrote:

I called telus and they told me it was not through them so im confused as of what to do right now.

Where does the phone come from ?

were you using it 

@denis2 wrote:

@hairbag1 

Am i wrong , I thought our phone was not locked with PM

Public Mobile has not sold phones locked for a very long time, not since shortly after switching to Telus' HSPA/lTE network. 

The phones that were sold by Public Mobiel for use on Public's original CDMA network cannot be used for anything any longer.  They are literally paperweights/alarm clocks.

The ones that Public Mobile did sell shortly after Telus takeover are the ones that have sim card slots.  Back then, those phones were essentially Telus and Koodo stock.  Public Mobile Moderators can unlock any phone that is locked to Telus/Koodo.

Currently, phones sold by carriers in Canada are not locked to one speicfic carrier.

taylorkootenay

I called telus and they told me it was not through them so im confused as of what to do right now.

taylorkootenay

Yes, im not sure how to contact that

denis2

@hairbag1 

Am i wrong , I thought our phone was not locked with PM

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@taylorkootenay wrote:

Recently had my phone connected through public mobile but I know need it unlocked anyone know how to do that? 

Thanks

So you're leaving PM and need the phone unlocked...correct ? You'll have to contact a moderator for unlock assistance.

denis2

@popping wrote:

@taylorkootenay wrote:

Thanks

Call your provider who sold you your phone to unlock it even you are no long has service with them.

if it was through PM, it was unlocked

Need Help? Let's chat.