cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock samsung A30s phone

Jules52
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does Public Mobile unlock cell phones? Is it Free?

8 REPLIES 8

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can get a PUK code directly from Samsung.  Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page:   http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170 Inform the rep that you would like to unlock your Samsung phone and provide the IMEI & Carrier info In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jules52 

Welcome to PM, they are BYOD (bring your own device) provider, no high prices no locked in plans, also running on the Telus, Koodo, network their phones work, as well. 

@Jules52 wrote:

Does Public Mobile unlock cell phones? Is it Free?

Public Mobile will unlock devices for free if they are sold by/locked to one of the Telus-owned brands.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jules52 

Follow the directions set out by @gblackma and @Jb456 . You could also ask your previous provider to unlock if you dont want to go the samsun way

Also like what @Naepalm we would be happy to help pick out a plan that would suit your needs.

Have a great day

@Jules52 do you have any questions regarding different plans that would suite your mobile needs? We can help guide you in what might work best for you. 

Regarding your phone, as @Jb456 and @gblackma have said you can easily get it unlocked from Samsung Canada. Also make sure it is not on the black list:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

I would also suggest that you watch this video regarding the A30 unlocking

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=82xCkRtRQH4

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Jules52, and make sure you're still with the other provider to successfully port over with your phone number to Public Mobile, unless, you don't mind and getting a new number. 

I had a great number until a former co-worker kept on calling me to help him get a job because he had heard I got another co-worker a new job. I said sorry, it was a one-time (a job I wasn't qualified), but nope, every hour on the hour he kept calling me. So, I changed it. Actually, I gave the phone number to my dad, who had no problem and telling this guy something else. I guess, he thought I was bluffing. Nope, my dad kept telling him to go where the sun doesn't shine! I love my new number! 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jules52  to unlock your cell phone you have to contact your previous provider and ask them to do it for you for free. Or you can contact Samsung online, you will need your imei number  dial *#06# to get it. Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No you have to contact provider that you got phone from and they will unlock for free.

The good news here is it is a Samsung. So you can go to Samsung Canada website and open a live chat with them to get the code.

Don't forget a referral code for a$10 signup bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.