cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock phone

manpans
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I have to post here if I need to unlock my phone? I'm not certain it is unlocked, but I figured it would be a good place to check here.

IMEI #: 3525840xxxxxxxxx

Model: Nexus 5

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lspring appreciate you trying to be helpful, but you're replying to a 5-month dormant thread with the wrong answer. Well, it's the right answer to someone that was sold a locked device, but this thread is about a Nexus 5, which were only ever sold unlocked even when purchased through a carrier.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lspring
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

DId you have your phone activated with any other carrier before? If you did, it most likely is locked with them. The good news, every carrier is now obligated to unlock their phones by regulation from CRTC. If you just bought the pone, check and see if it does mention any of the other carriers. So, go to the carrier you had before and if you can still access the self-serve wtih them look for a respective link.

Or, also if you just bought it, was it placed in at the vendor where there were signs and names for cell service providers like bell rogers tellus etc.

PM is not the one unlocking the phones since they do not have any of their own.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

As already mentioned, that model is always sold unlocked, so there's no lock to worry about.

manpans
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Even if it was at one point on my Telus plan?

@manpanswrote:

I think I have to post here if I need to unlock my phone? I'm not certain it is unlocked, but I figured it would be a good place to check here.

IMEI #: 3525840xxxxxxxxx

Model: Nexus 5

Thanks!

A Nexus 5 would have been sold as already unlocked.  - -no need to unlock

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@manpans, all Nexus 5 phones were sold unlocked.  No need to worry.

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First, is your phone locked to Telus/Koodo or another provider? 

If it is locked to Telus/Koodo contact the moderators.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PIN, phone number, and your situation.

If it is not locked to Telus/Koodo, you will need to contact the relevant phone provider for them to provide unlocking free of charge.

Need Help? Let's chat.