cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock my phone

Vimal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I bought a public mobile SIM last year hoping to use one of your prepaid plans sometime in future. As a trial when I Inserted it into my iphone 5S, my phone got locked to Public mobile and is not letting me go back to my rogers SIM. I donot have an account with public mobile (never setup my account as wasnt sure if I wanted to start using it) but ended up making my phone locked to it while just testing the SIM. I am not a technical person, will appreciate if someone could help in removing this unwanted lock on my iphone 5S

26 REPLIES 26

Vimal

Sure I will do that when I am home as I donot have the phone with me now.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It would be helpful if you upload two screenshots here: phone display with Public Mobile SIM card inserted and then with Rogers SIM card inserted.

Vimal

Thank you so much for you help. I have sent the message on the link you provided.

Hopefully they can resolve the issue

LEGO

Well, try to contact Moderaitor_Team, maybe they would help you with this matter. You will need to send them a private message. Explain everything and point them to this tread.
Here is the link: click here
Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

Vimal

However when I put the PM SIM there is no such meassage and it gets activated although I have not purchased or activated a plan with PM yet

Vimal

No the screen doesn say that its SIM lock in my case. This is what i see when I pop in the rogers SIM 

the sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. this is not a hardware issue with the iphone. please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier. please contact apple for more information.

Vimal

Thanks I will check it out and see if it helps.

LEGO

How To Remove iPhone Sim Lock And Prevent It From Reoccurring: click here

Vimal

It seems so but I am not entirely sure what u meant

LEGO

Is it SIM Locked?

Vimal

I tried calling rogers. They said that their system recognises this phone as non Rogers phone now and cannot help unlocking it for me

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Vimal, take it up with the issuing carrier.  If the phone has been paid off, they will issue the unlock code free of charge. 

Vimal

Sorry I meant was February 2017

LEGO

Last February of this year? Then your phone should be unlocked.

Vimal

I purchased it last February and was assuming it was rogers locked all time

LEGO

When did you purchase your phone?

I read about new unlocked phones becoming locked (attached to carrier) after swiping SIM cards few times. Unfortunately, I cannot find this information now.

Vimal

No The phone was supposed to be locked to rogers as it was a rogers locked phone. But when I put in the PM sim, it apparently accepeted it to my surpsise. However when I took out the PM SIM to revert back to rogers SIM, thats where the problem started 

@Vimal, are you sure it was unlocked from Rogers, when you activated the phone on Public Mobile?

Vimal

Got it from Best buy mobile last year and it was locked to rogers when I bought it.

Vimal

No there was no PIN with either of the SIMs. I dont know what has happened

Vimal

Thanks for your response. I tried but it didnt help.

Acekiller

where did you get your iphone from?

Wait a moment... did you provide a 'PIN' when activating your PM SIM???   Try that code if you did.

Any chance a PIN has been assigned to your Rogers SIM?

I previously had an iPhone 5S, I got it refurbished from WIND.  It wasn't locked, and never locked, when I brought it to Public Mobile.

1st activation SIM LOCKS didn't occur until late, or after the 5S was available.

Try turning the phone right off, pop out whatever SIM is in the device, power up the phone, insert the Rogers SIM.

Vimal

I think so as it no longer supports my rogers SIM anymore. All I did was put in the public mobile SIM and activated it

matbasm

@Vimal, Are you sure the phone is actually locked to Public mobile? 

I don't think Public Mobile can unlock it for you since the phone was not purchased from Publick Mobile.  You might want to try Apple support.

Need Help? Let's chat.