Did you mean: 

Unlock my phone

Wintertinter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone help me unlock my phone?  

4 REPLIES 4

publichelp1997
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there are a few options in unlocking your phone. First of all if you know the original carrier the phone is from you can simply contact them and they will unlock it for you. If you do not know the original carrier you can purchase what is called a GSX report which gives you all the information about your phone from ebay or other vendors which should tell you the original carrier it came from usually cost $1. Please keep in mind phones from other countries cannot be unlocked by Canadian carriers. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

what exact message are you getting on your phone screen?

If you got the phone from a Canadian carrier, the carrier you got it from is supposed to give you the unlock code for free.  Of course of you are no longer their customer, they will try to turn you down.

If you get it from outside Canada, you might be out of luck and might need to pay to get an unlock code.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Wintertinter wrote:

Can someone help me unlock my phone?  

@Wintertinter 

Locked Phone? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you.

You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

If you are getting a different message, enter the message into SIMbot, bottom, right of your screen through the chat bubble and it may direct you elsewhere:

esjliv_0-1623365492115.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is working on your old provider and you have not cancelled that yet, then it is easier.  Just call then back and ask them for an unlock code BEFORE you cancel the service with them. If you have cancelled the service, usually they won't give it to you for Free without a fight them,

give them your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.