cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone 7 Plus

karinem85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently bought a new phone and decided to sell my old phone (iPhone 7 plus). How do I unlock the phone that I sold? The person I sold the phone to can't use it until it is unlocked.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you certain that it needs unlocking?  May be worth checking that before doing anything else.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@karinem85  Provide the phone's IMEI to either Telus or Koodo and ask them to unlock the phone.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@karinem85 

There is nothing we can really do here other than tell you to contact the previous cell provider and ask for the phone to be unlocked and give you the unlock code. I hope the previous provider will be able to help you. 

Best of Luck

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@karinem85 get in touch with the provider it's locked to and ask them to unlock it for you.  If it's Telus or Koodo, you can get it unlocked here through the moderators.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@karinem85 You need to contact a company that was before PM (if you used PM on that phone) as a phone provider to get the code. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@karinem85 

Call the phone company who sold you your iPhone to get it unlocked.

If you iPhone is purchased in Canada, you can also contact Apple Canada to get it unlocked.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@karinem85 you need to contact the previous provider before public mobile. probably Telus or koodo most likely and ask them to unlock it for you

Need Help? Let's chat.