cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone 5c Model: A1532 on Public Mobile

maabuibaid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning everyone,
I have an iPhone brought from outside Canada. It works for a SIM from Chatr but not for Public Mobile. It says 'Phone not allowed'  in Settings>General>About>Network. I used this iPhone in many countries worldwide and I've never seen such experience.
I appreciate your feedback!

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@maabuibaid If you are still stuck, please try your SIM in known unlocked phone. While not exactlly the same message, a failed SIM was the issue in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/SIM-Not-Supported-been-using-this-pho...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@maabuibaid Sometimea this can happen if you have travelled abroad and used a foreign SIM. If it is that somehow the IMEI has been blocked then you have to contact a moderator to request an unblock. other things you can try is to change network to 3g and you can check if the IMEI to see if the phone has been blacklisted. you can also try a network reset.

iPhone reset network settings:
1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings

@maabuibaid  if you know the country it came from,  why not contact the local iPhone  online site and ask them to unlock it for you.

maabuibaid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. In General>about, the carrier is Public Mobile 28.3 but in Network, I see Phone not allowed. It shouldn't be locked to an operator here in Canada as it comes from outside.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@maabuibaid  It appears your phone is locked to the Rogers network. Call them provide your IMEI and ask them to unlock your phone. They just need to send the request to the 🍎 servers to unlock your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@maabuibaid Try using this method to push through the changes and to confirm and reset the SIM sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered)

Disconnect and reboot. From @luddite.

Need Help? Let's chat.