cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Nokia lumia 830

esholazar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I bought Nokia lumia 830 from Kijiji, and it is locked. Can someone help me to unlock it?

Thanks, 

7 REPLIES 7

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As a follow up to the previous sound advice from the members, there is no charge for requesting an unlock code from a phone manufacturer.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would go To this link  getting start on PM. Scroll down to check if my phone is compatible. Open the link. It also allows you to check if this phone is stolen using the imea number.  And then follow all the great advice supplied above.

@esholazar wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I bought Nokia lumia 830 from Kijiji, and it is locked. Can someone help me to unlock it?

Thanks, 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@esholazar wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks, 

No one here unfortunately. 

You will need to find out which Canadian carrier locked the phone and call them to unlock. Or you can search eBay, and the internet, to purchase an unlock code.

If the phone is from outside Canada, your only option will be to purchase an unlock code.

Just to be sure, reboot your phone with a PM SIM installed and see what message is displayed. 

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for the previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

This PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is on your SIM card. PM SIM cards do not require a PIN to activate.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@esholazar  PM does not unlck phones. Maybe ask the person you bought it from or check eBay for a code.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@esholazar  Best way to go, if possible, is to contact the person you bought it from, and find out which provider they used. Once you know that, you can simply call that provider, give them the IMEI number of the phone, and they are required to provide you with an unlock code.

If that's not possible, as @Staliger  suggested, Nokia may do that for you, and if THAT'S not possible, there are unlock services available on the 'net, for as little as $5.00.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@esholazar wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks, 

@esholazar You need to contact Nokia support I believe. Also, can ask a seller about the provider he/she used with that phone and contact that company for the needed code.

Need Help? Let's chat.