cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Iphone

Terry_P
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a PM sim, created an account, activated the sim, inserted the sim into my pre 2017 iPhone and restarted the phone.  Then the phone pushed a message "SIM Not Supported". I assume the phone is locked so I contacted Rogers for a code but they wouldn't help me because I don't have an account with them.

Can anyone let me know how to unlock?

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Terry_P 

Apple Canada will unlock your iPhone if it was sold by a mobile provider in Canada.

Dogers does not follows CRTC rules.  But Apple Canada will.

Good luck.

@Terry_P  Or try telling Dogers (new word hah) CS that you want to speak to a manager or supervisor and dont let up until they unlock the phone. 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Terry_P wrote:

Thanks.  I'd rather avoid paying anything, anyone know of a free service?

Do you know anybody who is currently _with_ robbers? You could ask them to ask dodgers "uh yeah hey I got this old phone and it seems it's locked or something...can you unlock it for me please". Or with Fido or Chatr.

Might work.

Terry_P

Thanks.  I'd rather avoid paying anything, anyone know of a free service?

@Terry_P  Did you buy it second hand? If so did the person say it's unlocked?

They may have requested the unlock but it's not finalized. 

Take the phone and plug the wire into it and connect it to a computer. Open iTunes. See if it pushes the unlock finalization.

If not. Maybe try getting in contact with the seller?

Or consider buying an unlock code online.

Keep us posted.

@Terry_P here is a good website for unlocking

https://www.imei.info/iphone_network_unlock/

*there are no free services. I think it's only $15-20 Canadian. try calling fido or chatr to unlock it

Terry_P

Agreed.  Dodgers...lol. exactly!

I did see on their website to wipe the phone of all data and restart with the sim from the new carrier, then it should start up.

Terry_P

Was a Rogers sim in it so locked to rogers.  I called Rogers they won't unlock it because I don't have an account with them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Terry_P : There are fee services out there that can give you an unlock code or however Apple does it. Unfortunately, dodgers don't care about the law. They're in fact _required_ to give it to you but they won't. You could go through the whole rigmarole of the CCTS but that would take a while to resolve. So they win.

Just pay someone.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Where did the phone originally come from? You have to call them to ask for them to send the unlock request to your phone.

Did you originally purchase the phone brand new or second hand? What companies did it work with?

Need Help? Let's chat.