cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock An Public Mobile Phone

Rolands
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to unlock my old public mobile phone.  network key?

15 REPLIES 15

Didn't PM sell phones - indirectly - through Orchid as late as 2016?

I agree that if it was a PM-branded phone purchased before Telus acquired PM then it's likely incompatible with PM today.

But the phone might still support network connectivity beyond what PM's network supported at time of purchase.

@roland

What is the brand and model of the phone?

@tehowennathe wrote:

@will13am they may be referring to phones that public mobile sold before Telus bought the company. I had bought a phone from them back when they where independently owned. 

Back when Public Mobile operated as a separate company, their network and hardware is completely incompatible with the current network.  

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am they may be referring to phones that public mobile sold before Telus bought the company. I had bought a phone from them back when they where independently owned. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crystalellis wrote:

I need my phone unlocked

Have you been here many years or are you just trying to sign up?

If just now, then you would need to ask your previous provider for an unlock code. If the phone is a Samsung then they have a service to give you one.

If you have a phone from the old Public Mobile for all these years then you'll need to contact the moderators.

Crystalellis

I need my phone unlocked

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Rolands wrote:

I want to unlock my old public mobile phone.  network key?

I have used a service “like” this on eBay successfully. But find one that covers your model AND has a better rating than this one.  

@gblackma 

I believe in 2014 and 2015 they were still selling phones on the new network. If memory serves me right they turned off the original network in August 2014, my mom was away and she came back in September one week after the deadline.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you are not with public mobile anymore you can contact moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rolands when did you buy this phone from PM? Thanks. 

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Source: https://ca.alcatelmobile.com/contact-us/

NORTH AMERICA HEADQUARTERS CONTACT INFO

TELEPHONE SUPPORT

1-855-844-6058

CALL CENTER HOURS

MON-FRI: 8AM-8PM CST, SAT: 9AM-4PM CST (EVERY AREA CODE)

NO SUNDAY OR HOLIDAY HOURS

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rolands  If you purchased the phone from Public Mobile then you need to submit a ticket to Public Mobile to get it unlocked.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Rolands wrote:

contact to Alcatel ?

Here is their url:

https://ca.alcatelmobile.com/

Rolands

contact to Alcatel ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile does not sell phones.  If the phone is from a competing brand, you need to contact them for the unlock code.

Need Help? Let's chat.