cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to utilize data

KN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to use the mobile data and texting functionality on my phone. I am still able to receive telephone calls.

I first noticed this issue approximately two weeks ago. Initially, I believed it was because I was out of data, even though the selfserve portal said I had only used 100MB of my 1GB allocation.

So far, I have taken the following steps:

• Switched from the $25/500MB+500MB Autopay bonus plan to the $45 4GB+500MB Autopay Bonus plan, and setting it to change my plan immediately rather than at the end of the month.
  • Confirmed, then recreated the Public Mobile APN settings. The APN is completely correct, and I have tried creating a new one with the PM APN settings found online.
  • Confirmed that my phone does not have any network restrictions. All apps are able to access mobile data freely.
  • Confirmed that my phone's data tracking did not excede the user-set data limit. it did not.
  • Used my SIM card in another phone that is able to access data on the Koodo network. Calling and texting worked, but data usage did not.
  • Confirmed that I have cellular reception. I do have full bars.
  • Attempted using the 3G network, as well as the LTE network. Both 3G (HSPA+) and 4G (LTE) does not work.
  • I inserted my family member's Koodo SIM into my Huawei P10 Lite phone with a data plan. The data function worked.
  • Confirmed that I did not exceed my data limit. I am well below the data limit.
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KN 

What is the deeper variant of your phone? Like LX2 LX3 etc.

Setting your network to 3G may get some data going.

Clearing the APN Type may do something.

Or even trying APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun

KN

@geopublicThank you. I've just done so.

@KN wrote:

@geopublicThank you for the help. Hoping for a moderator response from here.

@KN you need to send a private message to the moderators by selecting the envelope above on this page and address it to Moderator_Team along fill in the subject and the problem description in the main body and click on send.

KN

@geopublicThank you for the help. Hoping for a moderator response from here.

@KN wrote:

@geopublicWhere do you see these APN settings acknowledged as being correct by Public Mobile?

I comparing my APN values and those values get set automatically on my pixel xl.

Best you contact the moderators.

Good luck!!

KN

@geopublicWhere do you see these APN settings acknowledged as being correct by Public Mobile?

KN

I am currently trying it. However, phone calling (receiving and sending) still works even as service is suspended. How long should I wait?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KN 

You plan may not be provisioned correctly.

Have you try the lost/stolen phone trick which I suggested on the second last post on page 1 of this thread?

KN

I am unable to identify a set of Public Mobile APN settings that requires MVNO to be set. The default profile doesn't appear to require this. Can you post a link?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

This speaks to the contrary.

KN

Setting the MVNO type to GID did not resolve the issue, even after restarting the phone. The MVNO value remains 4d4f.

You MVNO values are missing in your APN settings.

KN

My phone's data limit has not been reached. Furthermore, it is disabled. As well, there would be a notification that I've reached my data limit if it was on. I believe that my phone's data usage limiting function is not the issue here.

Check to see if you have a data limit set on your data usage screen.

KN

My phone does not support two SIMs.

Screenshot_20190501-191126.jpg

Screenshot_20190501-191528.jpg

KN

I would like to re-iterate that my APN settings are correct. I have also taken the step of creating another APN profile (apart from the default), and completely re-entering the APN settings from scratch. I have went back to confirm that the APN settings are correct.

Android Version 7. Not a custom ROM. Standard EMUI ROM.

@KN wrote:

This code does not work.

What version of Android? Are you running a custom ROM? If data is not working it's your APN settings. That code should work.

KN

@CS_Agent 

The community appears unable to resolve this issue.

popping

@KN wrote:

Please note that I have tried using the PM sim card in another phone, and it's data functionality does not work either.

I completed a network settings reset on the P10 lite.

Texting also does not currently appear to work anymore. I attempted to send a MMS message and a text message. Both appear to have been received by the PM network, but the recipient phone never received the MMS or the SMS.

I can confirm that phone functionality still works.

I have enabled data. My APN settings are correct. This did not solve my issue sadly.

If your account status is active, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

@KN does your phone support two sims? If yes try the other slot can you post a screenshot of your APN settings 

KN

This code does not work.

@KN wrote:

I am using a Huawei P10 Lite, which runs Android. When I type in *#*#4636#*#*, the dialer automatically closes without any further prompt. Are you sure this is the correct code?

Yes *#*#4636#*#*

KN

Please note that I have tried using the PM sim card in another phone, and it's data functionality does not work either.

I completed a network settings reset on the P10 lite.

Texting also does not currently appear to work anymore. I attempted to send a MMS message and a text message. Both appear to have been received by the PM network, but the recipient phone never received the MMS or the SMS.

I can confirm that phone functionality still works.

I have enabled data. My APN settings are correct. This did not solve my issue sadly.

KN

I am using a Huawei P10 Lite, which runs Android. When I type in *#*#4636#*#*, the dialer automatically closes without any further prompt. Are you sure this is the correct code?

popping

@KN 

You are doing everything to fix your data problem.

Since your P10 Lite works with Koodo SIM card, it should works with PM.

Do a network reset on your P10 Lite. Network reset is NOT factory reset and you do not need to backup your data.  Restart you phone after network reset.

Make sure to enable data.  

Can you send a photo MMS using your PM SIM card with your P10 Lite? 

You don't need data to send Photo MMS at PM.  If your APN is configured correctly, your photo MMS willl be sent even if you had used all your data.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@KN wrote:

I am unable to use the mobile data functionality on my phone. I am still able to receive texts and telephone calls.

I first noticed this issue approximately two weeks ago. Initially, I believed it was because I was out of data, even though the selfserve portal said I had only used 100MB of my 1GB allocation.

So far, I have taken the following steps:

• Switched from the $25/500MB+500MB Autopay bonus plan to the $45 4GB+500MB Autopay Bonus plan, and setting it to change my plan immediately rather than at the end of the month.
  • Confirmed, then recreated the Public Mobile APN settings. The APN is completely correct, and I have tried creating a new one with the PM APN settings found online.
  • Confirmed that my phone does not have any network restrictions. All apps are able to access mobile data freely.
  • Confirmed that my phone's data tracking did not excede the user-set data limit. it did not.
  • Used my SIM card in another phone that is able to access data on the Koodo network. Calling and texting worked, but data usage did not.
  • Confirmed that I have cellular reception. I do have full bars.
  • Attempted using the 3G network, as well as the LTE network. Both 3G (HSPA+) and 4G (LTE) does not work.
  • I inserted my family member's Koodo SIM into my Huawei P10 Lite phone with a data plan. The data function worked.
  • Confirmed that I did not exceed my data limit. I am well below the data limit.

@KN what type of phone do you have? If it's Android dial *#*#4636#*#* select phone information. What does it show under Data Network?

Need Help? Let's chat.