cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use public mobile on dual sim phone

samgabbay
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Impossible to use public mobile in a dual sim phone when I only want public to work as voice and text. On Redmi note 2
5 REPLIES 5

deltatux

@samgabbay wrote:

i was trying to also use public on 2g but its impossible

@samgabbay, TELUS does not operate a 2G network. Only ROGERS maintain their 2G GSM network (which they are decommissioning soon, in 2017 iirc).

According to GSMArena, your phone should be able to connect to the TELUS HSPA+ network since it supports the following bands for HSPA+: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.

The TELUS network works with 850/1900. Be sure to try another SIM slot in case one is GSM-only. I know the ASUS ZenPhone 2 has that issue.

Cheers!

Glad to hear your problem is solved. Please mark  the thread as solved by choosing a post as a solution.

samgabbay

i was trying to also use public on 2g but its impossible

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Now I understand, I didn't realize it was a dual sim phone. So the public mobile activation is all good, that's great.

Mayor / Maire

@samgabbay Almost all of the Canadian cellphone companies have long phased out the 2G towers. You can only use 3G networks for voice and text, and either 3G or 4G for data.

So your inability to use Public Mobile on 1 of the 2 slots on your phone is a limitation of your device, not of the PM service. Furthermore, it would be the same if you were using a Telus/Rogers/Bell SIM instead of a PM SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.