cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use data due to phone issues and would like to downgrade my plan

ShanMan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a one month plan for $30 with unlimited text and call and 500MB data. The person who set it up for me at Walmart was unable to get the data service working on my phone and since I had already paid for the service, she said the only solution was for me to go home and factory reset my phone (which is a LOT of work). My phone has an issue where it cannot connect via USB to any computer. That being said, its impossible for me to factory reset and actually use the data plan I paid for. I would like to downgrade to a plan with no data and be refunded the price difference. How can this be done? Who do I contact?

13 REPLIES 13

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShanMan1 wrote:

You're right. Its an LG G4. I didn't know its possible through wifi, what app?

Try the network reset your LG G4 first before doing the factory reset.

Network reset can be access fron the settings menu on your LG G4.

srlawren

@ShanMan1 maybe this would help?

https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000025-20150104708841-others

Or perhaps LG Bridge (https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000025-1438110404543-lg-backup-lg-switch)?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

YES the g4 requires a network settings reset and if that fails a factory reset.

i might have been mistaken about the backup, i was remembering phone to phone sorry

srlawren

@ShanMan1 there's supposed to be an LG backup app of some kind on the Play store, I believe.

Did you try a network reset first?  Sometimes that's all that's needed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd say there are less drastic steps to take than a factory reset, like checking the APN settings, trying the SIM card in another phone, etc.

That said, there's at least one other thread on the subject and the solution was a factory reset: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Unable-to-get-data-working-on-lg-g4/t...

ShanMan1

LG G4

ShanMan1

You're right. Its an LG G4. I didn't know its possible through wifi, what app?

srlawren

@ShanMan1 what is your phone's brand and model number?  We might be able to help better than the folks at Walmart, whom as @RobertQc noted, just want to get you out the door.  

@ShanMan1Sorry to say, but wal~mart wants to get you out of the store as fast as possible and is extremely likely they just fluffed you off. There is a lot of good info here, including info that will solve (or figure out whats wrong) with not only your data issues, but also your usb issues.

mimmo

I think the issue is backing up teh data, but there are several apps taht allow you to do it over bluetooth or home wifi.

what phone are you using?  LGs are the main culpraits of needing a factory reset.

I personally do not think you bother asking  for a refund, it is not PM's fault you are unable to use data or set up your phone.  

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShanMan1

As stated...a factory reset is a few clicks away on your phone..

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ShanMan1 wrote:

I purchased a one month plan for $30 with unlimited text and call and 500MB data. The person who set it up for me at Walmart was unable to get the data service working on my phone and since I had already paid for the service, she said the only solution was for me to go home and factory reset my phone (which is a LOT of work). My phone has an issue where it cannot connect via USB to any computer. That being said, its impossible for me to factory reset and actually use the data plan I paid for. I would like to downgrade to a plan with no data and be refunded the price difference. How can this be done? Who do I contact?

What type of phone do you have and why do you need to connect to computer for a factory reset?  Can you checkt eh APN settings or change them that maybe the issue. 

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShanMan1 wrote:

@ShanMan1You can change your plan yourself in the self serve portal. https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ then choose change plan and change at next renewal. As for getting a refund you can ask the moderator team if there is anything you can do but seems a stretch considering you never came on here and asked for help settings up your data. The correct response from the employee would have been to come to the public mobile support community and ask for help.

Also remember switching from the $30 plan to the $25 plan does not only remove your 500mb data, it also changes your canada-wide-talk to province-wide-talk

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.