cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send txt messages

thibeaultj11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched from bell to public mobile since June 10th I can call, receive call, receive txt but I can't send txt messages. My phone is unlocked, I did all the reset, still not working. Can someone help me with this issue. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

kateas99

One option you can try is resetting your carrier options (different than resetting your phone) 

Depending on the model of your phone you can find it under your mobile settings.

This can solve various service/data/calls/text issues you may have!

I recommend resetting it and then restarting your phone!

If you need help finding it, let me know the model of your phone and I'll help as much as I can! 

@thibeaultj11 

As your wait for moderator response (recently 1-2 days), you could try a couple of tricks to see whether that resets/reboots your account.  These tricks have solved various problems with customer's accounts...  does no harm and might work.  

Might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found.
2.  Manually add $1 into your balance. 
These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@thibeaultj11 wrote:

I switched from bell to public mobile since June 10th I can call, receive call, receive txt but I can't send txt messages. My phone is unlocked, I did all the reset, still not working. Can someone help me with this issue. Thank you!

@thibeaultj11 Are you on a limited call and text plan? If yes, maybe you ran out of text. Apparently iPhones like to send texts during the initial setup phase. If you are on an unlimited plan then you need to wait for the moderator because the issue is with your account and it needs to be reset from their end.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here are some things you could try checking in the mean time: https://www.lifewire.com/iphone-text-message-problems-4120988

@thibeaultj11Just curious what was the error message from the device when you send the text? Do they show up in your usage summary in your selfserve account? I am curious because if you switch from iPhone to and Android phone you have do the deregistering iMessage for the Android messaging to work properly.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@thibeaultj11 wrote:

No samsung. It was a technicien that took a look at it. He told me that my phone isn't the problem. It's public mobile...

I agree. I would hang in there, the Mods hopfully will contact you today. They should have no issues resolving it for you.

Good Luck

thibeaultj11

No samsung. It was a technicien that took a look at it. He told me that my phone isn't the problem. It's public mobile...

duffer900

@thibeaultj11 wrote:

I conacted the moderator yesterday. Didn't get any answet yet. And yes I did try my SIM on another device. Same problem! I have an Iphone 6s plus. Thank you!

Was the other phone an iPhone as well?

thibeaultj11

I conacted the moderator yesterday. Didn't get any answet yet. And yes I did try my SIM on another device. Same problem! I have an Iphone 6s plus. Thank you!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@thibeaultj11What kind of phone are you using? Are you just sending text or MMS? If it is MMS you will need ot update your APN (if you are not using an iphone).

duffer900

@thibeaultj11 wrote:

If you have done the reboots, reseated the SIM, etc. You may need to contact a moderator as the port may be stuck.

Is there another device you can try your SIM in?

Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR to contact a moderator as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.