cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send sms

arrobarriba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iPhone and I am unable to send sms. It used to work before I went abroad. After I came back, only sms didn't work. I tried resetting the network settings, restarted the phone, I even tried the sim on another phone but there seems to be a problem with the sim card.

18 REPLIES 18

@arrobarriba wrote:

For any future reference, the moderator was able to solve my problem. Apparently refreshing the network from their end solved the problem.

Thanks for letting us know

Cheers

arrobarriba

For any future reference, the moderator was able to solve my problem. Apparently refreshing the network from their end solved the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arrobarriba wrote:

No success, I contacted the moderator

There's another "trick" that has been known to give things a kick...

Manually add another $1 to your Available Funds and restart the phone.

arrobarriba

No success, I contacted the moderator

@arrobarriba wrote:

The trick didn't work, I'm going to contact the moderator

Yes they may be able to help you.

Please let us know 

Thanks

arrobarriba

The trick didn't work, I'm going to contact the moderator

arrobarriba

Tried with no success

arrobarriba

I tried it. As I said, it doesn't even work on an Android

@arrobarriba wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@arrobarriba wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@arrobarriba wrote:

I have an iPhone and I am unable to send sms. It used to work before I went abroad. After I came back, only sms didn't work. I tried resetting the network settings, restarted the phone, I even tried the sim on another phone but there seems to be a problem with the sim card.

@arrobarriba  Is SMS enabled within iMessage?

Yes

Are you possibly on the $10 plan?

No, I have unlimited messages

@arrobarriba  Also try disabling iMessage and try sending out a SMS again

arrobarriba

That wouldn't cause any trouble?

arrobarriba

@Anonymous wrote:

@arrobarriba wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@arrobarriba wrote:

Yes

No, I have unlimited messages

@arrobarriba wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@arrobarriba wrote:

Yes. And I tried the sim card on an android phone, which works well with a different sim card

@arrobarriba  If the SMS function does not work on an Android phone when you insert your PM sim in it then the issue is with your account/plan.

If you are on a limited texting plan like @Anonymous  is trying to determine then maybe you ran out of texts or if your plan includes unlimited texting then your account needs to be reset vial the lost/stolen trick and if that doesn't work contact the moderator team to investigate.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Can you report your phone lost in selfserve for couple of minutes then report it found and restart the phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arrobarriba wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@arrobarriba wrote:

Yes

arrobarriba

@geopublic wrote:

@arrobarriba wrote:

Yes. And I tried the sim card on an android phone, which works well with a different sim card

arrobarriba

@kselmak wrote:

Did you purchase roaming while abroad?

No, I didn't need it

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you purchase roaming while abroad?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@arrobarriba wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.