cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming text messages but outgoing call/texts and data usage are okay

tonino
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bit of a weird glitch, as the title states: can't seem to receive text messages or calls.

Outgoing calls and texts are good and data works too.

Been with PM for a couple of months now without issue so don't think it's a question of phone compatibility.

Checked the APN settings and they're fine.

Tried restarting, powering off, removing the SIM and restarting; no difference.

Sometimes a bunch of incoming messages will arrive so not sure if it's an issue with me or maybe a service hiccup (some are delayed over a day though).

Opened a ticket with the mods but wanted to see if anyone knew anything I could try in the meantime.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

tonino

The reset seemed to do the trick...

Good tip to know for the future if something similar happens again.

Thanks!

@toninoalso is it for all or only unknown callers? My wife had her phone on silence all unknown callers and thought ahe was not receiving calls but actually she was and her phone would stop the call before it rang.

edit: Disregard I thought it was incoming calls and text sorry 🤫

tonino

Definitely sounds possible. I did travel to a new area since opening the account but I've had coverage there with Koodo/Telus before.

Don't think it was a reception issue (bars were showing) but also possible. 

Going to try and force network settings to PM.

Thanks!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

a) On the calls issue check that your phone hasn't accidentally had "do not disturb" activated. 
b) More generally try rebooting your phone. 

c) When you have trouble sending or receiving SMS, it's possible that  a ”force" change of your SMS settings may solve the issue.  

• Go to Settings

• Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo

• When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

• Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

SMS delays:

https://help.nexmo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204014893-What-Causes-a-Delay-in-Delivering-SMS-Messages-

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@tonino only thing I can think of is you are bounicng in and out of Public Mobile network. Make sure your network settings are locked to Public Mobile, other possibility is reception. Are you in an area that has shoddy reception and once you get into good reception all those texts come in? 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tonino try resetting your network. What's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. Stay safe. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It's of technical nature only mods can help, you did the right thing they will provision your account

Need Help? Let's chat.