cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls

Rondee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I've just ported my number from Freedom (avoid them at all costs). Mobile data and SMS are working and I can make phone calls. However, when I try to call my own number from another phone it will go straight to voice mail. I have rebooted my phone several times but no avail.

Thanks in advance for your support.

19 REPLIES 19

@Kasspakay wrote:

Hi Mary,

i just ported from Freedom as well.

i cannot receive calls. 

I can call call and send/receive text.

my SIM card is

thanks

kasspakay

@Kasspakay

Please modify your post so that it doesn't show your personal information - this is a public forum, all information is accessible to anyone on the www.

Please contact the moderator team with a private message - instructions are in @Dunkgirl's post above.

Kasspakay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Mary,

i just ported from Freedom as well.

i cannot receive calls. 

I can call call and send/receive text.

my SIM card is 8912230000289557944

thanks

kasspakay

vchengstein

@Dunkgirl Thanks!

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vchengstein wrote:

Hello, 

I am also unable to receive incoming calls or text messages. I just switched from Fido last night and I've tried rebooting my phone already. 

Please help! @CS_Agent

@vchengsteinIf you want to contact the moderator team to look into a possible stuck port send a private message. Click this to message them.  Account specific issues will not be solved by tagging them as you have. They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

vchengstein

Hello, 

I am also unable to receive incoming calls or text messages. I just switched from Fido last night and I've tried rebooting my phone already. 

Please help! @CS_Agent

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@RhysD, I'm sorry to read about this issue. Please reply to the private message I just sent you.

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Aïssata

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is better to send the mods a private message to get a hold of them instead of through the community 

RhysD

Hello @Mary_M

I seem to also be experiencing this problem after porting my number from chatr. I can make calls, recieved and send sms, and use data, but cannot receive calls. Hopefully it is the same fix... Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rhys.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yay! Thank you for letting me know, I'm really glad to hear that it's fully resolved 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rondee

Thanks, @Mary_M! The issue is now resolved.

Have a great weekend.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Rondee,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

This is confirmation that I was able to process your port and it will be completed within the next 20 minutes. Please power cycle your phone and your services should be fully functional 🙂

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hmm sorry to hear that I think mod team need to take a look send a private message to @Shazia_K

jaswest2754

@Rondee partial ports happen all the time (not sure if that's the technical name though) its usually when the number exists with two carriers. For instance when you port your number and you enter something incorrectly or the other carrier denies it (there is more reasons for partial port but they are more technical and beyond my understanding) the new carrier has already assigned you the number but your other provider also has your number. This usually means till your port is completed your calls will go to the old provider. I hope all is resolved quickly this morning 🙂

Rondee

Hi, Shutdown

Thanks for the information. I'll make sure to tag @Shazia_K whenever I have a technical issue.

I am still able to login to Freedom "My Account" app and check my usage and everything, so I assume my number hasn't been fully ported (if there's such thing as partial porting Smiley Very Happy).

Shutdown

Whenever you have a technical issue like this you should always tag a mod like this @Shazia_K so they will check this post when they can and help you, but yes until you get a port complete text you probably won't beable to have incoming calls I also ported from wind. However mine only took I think like 30 min to complete on a weekend switch.

Rondee

Hi guys, thanks for replying.
I haven't received any message regarding porting. This is what they sent me:
"Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous service provider. Thanks."

But I had already filled out this form during my account creation. Now I wonder if this issue is because me and my wife had the same account number for both our phone numbers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Porting from Wind/Freedom takes 30 minutes.  I agree, this service is a lot better.  As already suggested contact a moderator for assistance if the porting is not complete by the morning.

Vickel
Have you received the welcome text saying your port has completed?
Usually takes 20mins to 1 hour

If you are still having issues tomorrow morning

Send a quick message to have the mods take a look

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Porting might take little longer so wait few hours and see if it starts working. Double check that your wind sim is not active anymore. 

Need Help? Let's chat.