cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive SMS texts or receive calls after porting

pszucs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unable to receive SMS texts or calls after porting.  I have a iphone 6

I can send SMS text messages and make calls ok.

Please help

Phil

11 REPLIES 11

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you try turning the phone off and then turning it back on? then do a network reset, that may help.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@pszucsDespite people say transfer *should* be instantaneous.. it depends on a lot of factors that are just out of user's control. Inter network communications etc.

At this point I won't worry too much and enjoy your long weekend. Check in around midnight.

I would suggest keep your Rogers SIM card in another phone.. in case they tell you the port has failed.

Don't cancel the Rogers account until you are sure and has verified that the port is successful.

I would say that other people who say that it should be instantaneous are making that part up. I'm sure that we both know that it can be fairly quick, but the official line from the CWTA is quoted as 2.5 business hours for wireless to wireless phone number transfers.

Not Sure why people are saying it's instantenous. What you said is correct. I am going to add what I know. Usually within the Group of companies it's almost instant to about 2 or so hours. Wireless to Wireless anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes to max 24 hours. Wireless to Landline/VoIP and or Landline/VoIP to Wireless about 24 to 48 hours to a max of about a week assuming all the Correct /Relevant information was Provided during the Port Request Process. 

@GinYVR wrote:

@pszucsDespite people say transfer *should* be instantaneous.. it depends on a lot of factors that are just out of user's control. Inter network communications etc.

At this point I won't worry too much and enjoy your long weekend. Check in around midnight.

I would suggest keep your Rogers SIM card in another phone.. in case they tell you the port has failed.

Don't cancel the Rogers account until you are sure and has verified that the port is successful.

I would say that other people who say that it should be instantaneous are making that part up. I'm sure that we both know that it can be fairly quick, but the official line from the CWTA is quoted as 2.5 business hours for wireless to wireless phone number transfers.

@pszucs wrote:

just ported in from Rogers about 10-15 minutes ago.

Yes I have old sim from previous provider.

Phil

You need to be a little more patient perhaps...but if in 4 or 5 hours if you still can't call you will need to reach the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened..Waiting time is few hours to 2 days but they work 7/7 days. KEEP your Rogers account ACTIVE.

pszucs

good advice... thanks

Phil

@pszucs wrote:

Unable to receive SMS texts or calls after porting.  I have a iphone 6

I can send SMS text messages and make calls ok.

Please help

Phil

Your best advice for for would to wait.  If you're wondering about where calls are going when people call you, they are likely goong to your Rogers service. The Rogers sim card will stop working after the phone number has transferred.  If only have your Public Mobile sim card in a conpatible phone, you generally will not be a to receive calls and text messages for now, but you will receive one from Public Mobile advising that transfer is complete.

pszucs

Rogers

pszucs

just ported in from Rogers about 10-15 minutes ago.

Yes I have old sim from previous provider.

Phil

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@pszucs The port hasn't gone through yet. What provider are you moving from?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@pszucs How long ago did you do the porting? Which provider are you porting from? Do you have a second phone and keep the other SIM card working just in case you get messages from your previous provider about problems?
Need Help? Let's chat.