Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls

CT5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am unable to receive or make calls.

My account has no outstanding. 

The message said there is no network available.

What is wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

ctbmacdonald
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't think you mentioned if you were on Android or iPhone, but here are some things to check if your account is fine.

• Make sure your preferred network type is 3G/4G/LTE.  If it happened to switch to 2G, it will not work.
  • Make sure your SIM card it properly seated.  Take it out and put it back in.
  • Try another compatible SIM card from another phone to make sure it still works.
    • If the SIM doesn't work either, you may want to consider a factory reset (DO LOTS OF RESEARCH ON THIS FIRST, BACKUP, etc).  I needed to do this on my old Acer Liquid after 6 months for this reason with another carrier.
  • Make sure airplane mode is not on.  Silly, but it happens!
  • If you have a dual SIM card, make sure your default is your SIM.  I had this issue and needed to insert a second old sim to change it.  I have a Xiaomi phone.
  • Try your SIM in another compatible phone.  Maybe the SIM needs replacing.
  • Check if your phone has a way to turn off just the cellular radio.  Your favorite search engine will help with that.

That's all I can think of for now, let us know what fixed it.

Syednf96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Firstly check your PM account to see if you have used the all the alloted data cap or not. If you still have allotted data then try your PM Sim card on different phone like on a old phone or a friend/family members phone.

If PM sim card work fine on a different phone then it would be a issue with your phone try resetting phone or its network setting or just contact phone manufacturer

Or if PM Sim card has same issue in another phone their could issue with the actual SIM card.

Let me know what happens.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CT5 wrote:

Hi,

What is wrong?

@CT5  Try restarting your phone and make sure the sim is making good contact with your device. If it still wont connect to the network test the sim in another device if possible.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CT5 wrote:

Hi,

What is wrong?

@CT5   What plan are you on?  If you're on the $15 plan then maybe you're out of outgoing mins and need to purchase the $5/500 mins add-on to tide you over until renewal.

Otherwise try topping up your account $1 and restarting the phone.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@CT5 if your renewal date just passed. auto-pay may have failed. you may need to make a manual payment to restore your services

Need Help? Let's chat.