cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls and text

kl3wis85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last Friday I turned off my LG G5 phone, in that time I was able to make calls and send text even in the basement.  The next day I turned it on and I lost connection to the network.  I'm unable to make calls and send text.  I shut off the phone several times even leaving it for a few hours with the same results.  My bill isn't due till the 27th and I won't pay until this is resolved.

10 REPLIES 10

kl3wis85

I went to my phone settings and searched for mobile networks.  I selected the one that I'm using Public Mobile and re-establish a connection.  I had a similiar issue when I first registered.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@kl3wis85

Thanks for awarding a Solution but did anything actually get your phone service working again?

[Edit]

I now see your answer above, lol.

But if your phone "forgot" network settings it might have also "forgotten" APN settings (needed for data and msg attachs).

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

kl3wis85

I went to the phone settings and reconnect to Public Mobile network.  Thanks for the help and support.  Public earned their fee.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@kl3wis85

The Airplane Mode trick (above) forces the phone to (re)announce itself to the network and establish a new handshake.

Login Self-Serve to check your account status. No service might or might not have anything to do with some kind of account/payment issue, no sense troubleshooting your device if (for whatever reason) service on your account is Suspended.

You may need to dig through your phone settings, confirm they're correct. Make sure the network/carrier/operator is Automatic or "Public Mobile 3G". Smartphone software can sometimes "forget" things when power-cycled.

You can try your PM SIM card in another (unlocked) phone to see if it's some kind of hardware failure on your phone.

There might be a service outage in your area. But, if so, then everybody in the area with Telus/Koodl/Public or Bell/Virgin/Lucky should also experience no network no service.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kl3wis85 

Try this fix

1) Put phone on airplane mode.

2) Turn phone off.

3) Remove the simcard and wait 2-5 mins

4) Insert sim card back and turn phone on.

5) Disable airplane mode.

Also signals in basements sometimes are weak. Try and see if you can go near a window to get signal.

Hope this works

CHEERS!!

kl3wis85

I trying it right now.  The only message I get is I can only make emergency calls.

@kl3wis85  Are you getting any kind of error message on your phone or you just can't connect? Does public mobile show on your phone? How many bars do you have if any?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kl3wis85  If you don't renew your plan then your account will get suspended. 90 days after that if you still haven't renewed your plan your account will close and you will need to sign up as as a new customer.

@kl3wis85  Follow @gblackma advice of toggling airplane mode on for 5 minutes and off again. This should reestablish the connection to your network. It's a little like refreshing a page on the internet. A poor connection will be "stuck" to your phone and airplane mode completely disconnects your phone from a network. It will then start fresh to reconnect and establish a strong connection once again.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kl3wis85 1st turn on aeroplane mode, leave it for 5 minutes, take it off and restart the phone. 2nd, Try add a manual one time $1 payment to your self service account and restart the phone. If none of these work, contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). 

Or contact them directly using this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@kl3wis85 wrote:

Last Friday I turned off my LG G5 phone, in that time I was able to make calls and send text even in the basement.  The next day I turned it on and I lost connection to the network.  I'm unable to make calls and send text.  I shut off the phone several times even leaving it for a few hours with the same results.  My bill isn't due till the 27th and I won't pay until this is resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.