cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make a call.

Vadakumcheril
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since last 15 days, I am not able to make or receive any calls from my phone. I get a message saying : Sorry we cannot comlete your call. You have no long distance plan. This message is repeated even if I dial a local number.

Please help.

16 REPLIES 16

ksean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i suggest reahing out to a modertor. you can do this by accessing community link. registering if you have not preivously. click on the email icon. click new message and  type in moderator_team in the  to: explain the situation and leave you name, phonenumber and pin, and someone will invesigate for you. again, ask for compensation for the inconvenients.

@Vadakumcheril wrote:

I have tried everything suggested by various people on this page and I am just fed up and have given up. First thing I cannot get hold of any one and the 611 gives me options only for paying more or whatever.  It is not giving me any options to solve my problem. It told me to add on I added on 10$ and still no success.  I rebooted the system and restarted, no use.  Still I get the same messge  'YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID PLAN' - now I don:t know what to do other than just dumping this plan and go to some other service proiders.... I added on 10dollar and I have a feeling now I have paid 15 + 10 = 25 and still not able to make one local call. Just frustrated with this system. Really disappointed...

@Vadakumcheril, do you have access to your My Account area?  It's accessible via the top right corner of every Public Mobile page, possibly contained in a menu icon (an orange square with 3 white lines).

If you do, please take a screenshot of the main 'Overview' page, and post it here.  Hide or remove any personal information.

You should also post your screenshot of the information shown when you press the 'Plan Details' button on your Overview page.

For addons, it is a two-step process. Meaning, you add the funds first, then you go back and add the addon, the same way you bought it.

Sample Overview page imageSample Overview page image

Vadakumcheril

I have tried everything suggested by various people on this page and I am just fed up and have given up. First thing I cannot get hold of any one and the 611 gives me options only for paying more or whatever.  It is not giving me any options to solve my problem. It told me to add on I added on 10$ and still no success.  I rebooted the system and restarted, no use.  Still I get the same messge  'YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID PLAN' - now I don:t know what to do other than just dumping this plan and go to some other service proiders.... I added on 10dollar and I have a feeling now I have paid 15 + 10 = 25 and still not able to make one local call. Just frustrated with this system. Really disappointed...

To me, it sounds like @Vadakumcheril  has lost calling ability on the $10 plan as the 50 minutes have expired.  Simply adding the $15 doesn't immediately invoke a plan change, nor does it add any calling minutes.

Option 1 - via 611, use the IVR to add $5 Canada wide long distance minutes.  These can be used for 'local' and long-distance calls.  This should take funds from the available $15 balance, and resume calling ability, possibly with a device reboot.

Option 2 - via online self-serve (My Account), perform an immediate change to the $15 plan as the funds are waiting to do something.  As it seems @Vadakumcheril  is mid-cycle, and funds are awaiting usage, this will allow for 100 outgoing call minutes and unlimited incoming in the future.

FOR ALL USERS - AutoPay doesn't magically work immediately mid-cycle.  It only works on plan renewal.

@Vadakumcheril wrote:

Please let me know how I can contact someone in person and talk to some one to whom I can explain my problem. Can I get this moderator if I call 611?  Thanks in advance.

@Vadakumcheril  If you want to notify PM the only way to contact them is by messaging them. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Vadakumcheril

Please let me know how I can contact someone in person and talk to some one to whom I can explain my problem. Can I get this moderator if I call 611?  Thanks in advance.

@Vadakumcheril wrote:

Under 10 dollar plan, it is 50 minutes Canada wide talk, plus texting. But, not only any outgoing calls can be made,  even incoming calls are not coming, and why do I get a message saying : You are not covered for long distance calls , when actually I am making a local call"?

@Vadakumcheril  As @hairbag1  mentioned you can ignore that long distance message just add 1 in front of the number before calling to make it go away.

The $10 plan only includes a total of 50 minutes (incoming + outgoing) so when you login into selfserve if it does not show the minutes counter it means that you used up all your minutes. 

Is today your renewal date? If yes, and you scheduled a plan change on your next renewal then just wait and everything will start working by tomorrow. If it's not your renewal date today then just go in and make a plan change to the $15 plan to take effect immediately. Restart your phone and it should start working.

ksean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i hada the same thing happen to me, a few months ago. i was making calls and then the phone would not allow outgoing calls through. when i logged on to the account, it stated my account had been suspended for none payment, despite being on autopay. tfor whatever reason(s), the system changed my cycle date 7 days earlier, suspending my service. i made the payment and contact a moderator and asked if it would prorated as i paid for 30 days but only received 23 of the cycles. in the end, the moderator credited my accoiunt a months service fee for the inconvenients. so if this is the case for you, make sure to contact a moderator and requet a months service fee for the inconvenients

@Vadakumcheril wrote:

Under 10 dollar plan, it is 50 minutes Canada wide talk, plus texting. But, not only any outgoing calls can be made,  even incoming calls are not coming, and why do I get a message saying : You are not covered for long distance calls , when actually I am making a local call"?

Did you initailly sign up with autopay ? If not...perhaps your account has expired and waiting for payment for plan renewal. Log in to My Account...is it showing Expired ?

Ignore the long distance message... you won't be billed for any calls.

Vadakumcheril

@Vadakumcheril wrote:

I just checked with 611. it gave me the balance $15-. Today I changed to 15 dollar plan from 10 dollar plan. I rebooted the phone and tried again. Still no success. This problem is only with making phone calls.  I can use other functions like checking facebook, whatsapp etc.

@Vadakumcheril  If it's reporting $15 it means that you have that amount in your funds are you sure the plan was changed? When you login into your selfserve account under plan details what does it show?

Vadakumcheril

I just checked with 611. it gave me the balance $15-. Today I changed to 15 dollar plan from 10 dollar plan. I rebooted the phone and tried again. Still no success. This problem is only with making phone calls.  I can use other functions like checking facebook, whatsapp etc.

@Vadakumcheril yoi should log in to your account to check how many minutes you have left  or if they're all used up

@Vadakumcheril wrote:

My account is not suspended, it is on Autopay,  and very limited local calls only are made,

@Vadakumcheril  Just because it's on AutoPay doesn't mean it can't be suspended. What plan are you on?

Vadakumcheril

My account is not suspended, it is on Autopay,  and very limited local calls only are made,

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Vadakumcheril wrote:

Since last 15 days, I am not able to make or receive any calls from my phone. I get a message saying : Sorry we cannot comlete your call. You have no long distance plan. This message is repeated even if I dial a local number.

Please help.

@Vadakumcheril  Are you on a limited calling plan? If yes, is it possible you used up all your minutes? What happens then you dial 611 from your phone. Does it report you account as suspended?

Need Help? Let's chat.