cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to network on an unlocked galaxy note 8

LifeTime01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help needed, am unable to connect to the public mobile network. Device is Samsung galaxy note 8 unlocked.

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@Triguy  and @hycm53  The OP @LifeTime01  has stated that they are having issues connecting to the Public Mobile network not accessing data so APN is not the issue right now.

@geopublic few seem to care, they jump right to APN on just about any issue raised in the community. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LifeTime01 wrote:

The sim card works fine in my galaxy S 8. I've restarted the note 8 many times, what do you mean by network reset?

Did you pass through this step? Open up Start Checking and the second option in there is the blacklist checker.

LifeTime01

The sim card works fine in my galaxy S 8. I've restarted the note 8 many times, what do you mean by network reset?

@LifeTime01 Hi do a network reset see what happens

LifeTime01

It connects to my wifi internet at home but not connecting to the Public Mobile network so i can make and receive phone calls

LifeTime01

This is what am getting for apn settingsScreenshot_20190702-113923_Settings.jpg

@Triguy  and @hycm53  The OP @LifeTime01  has stated that they are having issues connecting to the Public Mobile network not accessing data so APN is not the issue right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LifeTime01 wrote:

Help needed, am unable to connect to the public mobile network. Device is Samsung galaxy note 8 unlocked.

Do you mean connecting to the internet with your data? Or do you mean connecting to Public Mobile to begin with?

Is the phone maybe blacklisted?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure to check your APN settings.  When you log into your self serve account next to data and addons is there an amount showing ?  If it is blank then you have used all your data.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LifeTime01 The phone is compatible. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started 

May be try restart your phone first. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LifeTime01 wrote:

@LifeTime01  Do you have another phone to test the sim with?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@LifeTime01 wrote:

Please follow this link to set your phone APN:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-note8

Need Help? Let's chat.