cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Unable to configure APN settings?

I have a Doogee s95 pro, running Android 9. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jesse4 wrote:

I have a Doogee s95 pro, running Android 9. 

If you type that up in that search box above here, you'll find a thread where someone was not successful. But we didn't get an update if they tried some other options.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jesse4 that customer was unwilling to try the workarounds so he just decided to go back to fido.

• you can try the freedom mobile sim to unlock the APN settings
  • there are moderators that have an APN config file they have sent to customers and it worked for them

look through this thread the second post is what you want to pay attention too

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/unable-to-change-APN/td-p/555004/page...

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel4 if people took the time and try the work-around versus going back to a cell-phone carrier who one is trying or had thoughts leaving would or could have a sour taste within a few months. 

speaking for myself only, I was a Fido customer, and I was glad I left Fido when I did! Instead of having mysterious charges on my bill, I get mysterious rewards each month ranging from $1 to $10 (average) in community, loyalty and autopay rewards. yep, no referrals for me! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign I think that's a tactic every phone bill company uses lol. from what I heard bell was one of the worst. most people just pay their phone bills and don't bother to look at the charges until it gets really expensive. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel4 and the worst thing, I would talk to customer service on the phone for an hour or two trying to figure things out. I did this for a year. I debated going back to Telus. I wasn't a big fan of Rogers or Bell until one of my freelance employers recommended me using Public Mobile. Even though they didn't use them, a few of them had heard good things from them.

Did the research, and debated another 3 months, and finally, I left Fido. The weird part as soon as I ported over, I get a call from Fido, asking me to come back, and the offer was quite nice, but I said, maybe, you should have offered that to me yesterday and NOT today! 

His response, 'oh, we can't do that until you officially leave!' I really don't understand the logic from cell-phone providers loyalty and retention departments! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

His response, 'oh, we can't do that until you officially leave!' I really don't understand the logic from cell-phone providers loyalty and retention departments! 

They operate like Big Business. All those managerials are expensive. They basically spend money before it's actually been paid to them. They pump up their numbers (total subscribers, average revenue per subscriber) whenever it's time to impress the shareholders.

And, to them, customers are a limited resource. Some 37 million Canadians in total. Some 33 million of these have mobile phones (the rest are probably underage, dinosaur, or survivalist types). Basically everybody in Canada who could have a phone already has a phone, market growth can only match population growth, so you can't get a new customer unless somebody else loses that customer. And once they get a customer they want to keep the customer, contracts or tabs or whatever, anything to secure ongoing revenue.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mpcdesign Subs fake cancel to try to get a deal.  Did you try your luck with retentions? Winback can be better than retention plan or can be worse. It depends if retentions believes you will cancel.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Doesn't work for me, adb commands not recognized

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tinker what's the make and model of your phone? what steps have you taken? are you using command prompt or shell? your phone sounds like it is not connected correctly to adb.

make sure usb debugging is enabled in "developer options"

Need Help? Let's chat.