cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umidigi - anyone have experience with these phones?

Sbrown917
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

13 REPLIES 13

Revallely
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. I have the F1 and my friend has the F1 play. Good phones.  You have to go into the mobile data settings and add the public mobile APN. 

@htcuser wrote:

The wireless on my phone atleast is bad, and wifi keeps dropping, not sure if anyone else with this phone face similar challenges ?

Wifi is very prone to interference. In your router, it could get better with a different channel.

htcuser

The wireless on my phone atleast is bad, and wifi keeps dropping, not sure if anyone else with this phone face similar challenges ?

sherr6

I ordered the Umidigi F1 Play for my fiance. For her use, the phone is great. Only a couple issues so far: APN needed to be modified as the one that was preset was incorrect. When talking on the phone, the microphone seems to cut in and out (think of it as talking close to the Mic, and then holding the phone a foot away while you continue talking, then bring it back close to your mouth). Bluetooth kicks out after several minutes connected to her car. An update seemed to have fixed both of these, but the Bluetooth issue has since reappeared. 

Speaking of updates, her phone got one recently. But when you check in system > updates, the patch level still says January 5th, 2019.

Again for her use, it's great. My expectations going in for the updates weren't high based on what I read but she's happy with it overall. 

@@

@@

htcuser

Hey i would have, but looks like i got data working had to setup the APN as per this thread, was so close to returning the darn phone. It should have automatically set that up but i guess it requires special handeling .

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Above APN setup is required for Umidigi F1 for data to work.

Cheers

You're posting this message on an old thread. If you really want others to see it and maybe get their input, you should start a new thread.

I don't know anything about your phone but sounds like others think they are acceptable pieces of equipment.

Good luck.

htcuser

Recently purchase umidigi F1 but my data is not working on it with PM, so looks like PM and umidigi are not compatible, i will be returning my phone it looks like it. Cause i rather have my data on PM rather than switching to different provider.

Trying to figure it out to make it work but do not think it will work.

porkchopbread

They look like they got good reviews on Amazon. I feel like they're a bit like Huawei phones. The price is cheap and the reviews are decent - my only worry would be reliability. If it's a dud right away, at least you have some assurance from Amazon to make it right. I don't know if I'd buy off Gearbest or those other Chinese sites. If you're a person who changes phones often then sure, check it out. If you're looking for a phone to last you 3+ years, maybe try and find a discount flagship phone from last generation

Sbrown917

There's another contest on their site to win a phone 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Models F1, F1 Play and S3 Pro are very good options. They are very well built come with a screen protector pre-installed and half decent case included. They run stock Android Pie and you can unlock the bootloader if you wish.

They release updates on a regular basis which is a good thing. They support almost all the NA bands (insane) Reviews on youtube are very positive. Includes above average memory and storage and CPU performance is equivalant to the 660 for the F1 models. As for XDA I really don't care but  it's only a matter of time for their models to show up. Great bang for your buck IMHO.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have only ever heard of it through RFD shopping forum.  It seems like they use MediaTek CPUs which I am not a fan of.  Who knows what kind of support you get from the OEM on the software side.  Xda developers doesn't seem to support the brand.  I will pass.

Need Help? Let's chat.